Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Oil Injection might be kaput?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well went riding to-day for my engine breakin & noticed that my oil injection doesn't work. Good thing i'm running pre-mix. Anyway, there's oil coming out from oil filter but nothing comes out at the Bleed screw, even when I rotate the pulley.
My question is, "Is my oil pump defective?".

Old 03-26-2001, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well, well well, and the award for best moron goes to the mechanic at my dealer. I found the problem with my injection system to-day. He left a plug in the oil line pass the oil filter. Man I tell you, you just can't rely on anybody. I'll have a few chosen words when I phone those guys, could have blown the engine again because of that.
Now I have to check my connection for the battery since it died shortly after using my lights.

Old 03-27-2001, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to bad mouth anybody until I know all the facts, but maybe, just maybe, you should kind of keep your eyes open for a better dealer. One not run by Larry, Darryl, and Darryl.

Is this the dealer that was storing your atv for weeks and weeks while it was being fixed? You would think as long as they had it, they would have had time to do it right. My sympathies.

Old 03-27-2001, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hi ya Farmr123! I couldn't agree more with you about a new dealer. The main reason I brought my machine there for fixing was (I was told), that I wouldn't have to pay for the labour part of it. There is another dealer closer, much better set-up & they know what they're doing. Unless I have major warranty work to have done in the future I will be using these other guys. Live & learn from experience, didn't know better till it happened to me. I just pray that I haven't cooked my rings/piston by just having the premix doing all the lubrication. The machine seems to be running fine so far. Just for good measure, I'm going to retorgue everything soon.