Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV audio wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 02:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV audio wiring

I have a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 850 SP. I have a Hifonics Thor 6 soundbar I want to install. I want to install it where I can disconnect easily for removal. If possible I would like to run off of the 12V accessory port. I had a Boss Rebel Powersports sound system with the 12V input but it would not secure very well and scratched up the front storage rack. If this is not possible and I have to connect to the battery I still want to be able to be able to quickly disconnect it. I have looked for hours on the internet for a simple wiring solution either for a 12 volt accessory install or for a battery connection for this application and can not find anything. The Hifonics website lists the minimum operating voltage of the soundbar as 9.5V and its watts are 200 so it seems like it should be able to be powered from the 12V accessory port. The wires are 18 guage with red for 12V power, orange for ignition switch and black for ground. I can't find a simple plug and play type wire for the 12V accessory port or a quick disconnect set up to connect to the battery. Does anyone have knowledge of wiring a soundbar to an ATV that can offer a solution to my situation? Thanks