Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

lock and ride rear storage box with seatback issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lock and ride rear storage box with seatback issue

All I've enjoyed my rear storage box but find my legs too cramped when I ride with it on. I need to slide back about 3-4 inches. Suggestions on how to retrofit this box without ripping it appart and giving up the lock and ride lock down fuction?

My thoughts maybe fabricate a wood plate goes over rack and locks in place and measure new lock and ride cut outs to fasten to? Or maybe fab a metal brace, bracket or bar something or other?

Old 05-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I take it there's not enough room to just move the holes for the Lock-n-Ride locks a few inches forward. I'd get a thin metal plate. Aluminum is easy to work with if you have basic carpentry tools. Rivet the plate to the box and make two new holes in the aluminum for the front Lock-n-Ride mounts. If it has rear locks I imagine you can move those forward.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No place to adjust or move. In fact, even the back meets the lip guard on the composite rack. I would hate to cut up my new wheeler plastic. So that puts drilling extra holes in it to move back out the door I even bought the independant seat back accessory and even with adjustable track length it doesnt scoot any further back and its hard cushion seat back is thicker and hard dense so im losing space.

I have another project for that though im gonna cut the receiver tube back to improvise for more space but that doesnt help my rear cargo box problem, lol..lol

Thx,

​​​​​​​R'

Last edited by RticKwad; 05-10-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling