Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 325 electrical help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 03:09 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bookman35
I didn't even know there was a little yellow button to hit when going in reverse to slow it down..lol..so no loss here..ha!!
The yellow over ride button was to bypass the limiter module and allowed full power in reverse when you held it in.These modules all failed eventually and by defeating it you have full power in reverse and don't have to mess with that yellow button.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black box

Originally Posted by bookman35
Hello everyone, I have a polaris Trail Boss 325 I purchased on craigs list and it did not come with a title so I'm not sure where to look to find out what year it is? There is a small black box that has wires connected to it under the headlight in front of the machine and when I start it up, the wires start to burn and smoke?? did anyone ever have the same issues? I'm not sure what the box and wires are for either? Thanks for your help...
so I am having the same issue beside my black boxes where already smoked so I had no power to anything but with research I found one of them is a voltage regulator and u can find the part number on the bottom of it to cross reference to get a new one but on my quad there is 2 black boxes one smaller then the other and the other is a thermist rectifier