Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Bike!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds were a couple weak points on the 700. Some have gone to 800 manifolds,supposedly stronger,but couldn't vouch on that one. If it won't hold a weld,plenty of cheap used ones on ebay.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i shopped some this morn we will see when the gasket comes in!

Old 02-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

Ok so i got some work done today the stator i got from db electronics wors great 14.5 v now got the exhaust header pipe welded, found out the rear diff was empty or almost empty got it filled and was gonna change the oil and the drain plug was stripped but got that out gonna get a bolt tomorrow for that oh yeah and replaced the air and fuel filters too all in all a successful day. One note the stator i got from db when i called them they said that they didnt have one for that particular 700 but i ordered it any way and it is a perfect fit and seems put togather good. Here are a couple of pics enjoy!

Old 02-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

This the old stator or the new one? Either way glad the one from DB worked an its finally charging ok. Maybe some day you'll get to ride it and not have to work on it..

Old 02-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the first pic of the stator it looks to me like a couple of windings started to unwind, but I'm not sure. IIRC when the stator on my friend's Grizzly crapped out after a whole lot of years, one of the coils was burned up and the rest of the stator looked okay.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

Its the old one i know it was bad when i took the cover off and there were little copper ***** in the bottom of the cover from where it had melted and yes opt i am ready to ride it for sure but when i first got my exped i didnt maintain it as i should of and dont want to make that mistake with one !

Old 02-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by mech5.6
i am ready to ride it for sure but when i first got my exped i didnt maintain it as i should of and dont want to make that mistake with one !
Don't blame you.. 5 months on it so far,a little more time to make it right won't hurt.. Hope you get a lot of service from it once it's completed.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Me too i have the intake boot, plugs, valve cover gasket and a winch bumper coming too already added hand guards, so it should be ready i will also have to replace the pinion seal in the rear end but i will see how bad it is leaking for now, probably fix that throught the summer unless i get more time before spring!

Old 03-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

ok so i got everything fixed finally, new valve cover gasket, intake boot, plugs welded the exhaust manifold, added a bumper and hand guards, new rectifier and stator, oil change and now that it is quieter i here a kind of knocking noise when it is out of the garage idling, i cant hear it in the garage, it runs great the question i have is, is this normal or should i be worried never heard it before till now its not too loud but noticeable any ideas?

Old 03-21-2018, 12:22 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

600/700/800 engines had their own unique sound.Mainly from the lifters and push rods along with the crank gear,c/b gear,cam and oil pump gears whirring away. If it ever gets real quiet then you can worry..