Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO fan not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Polaris Sportsman Overheating

Same issue on my 2011 550 EFI, fan worked when 12v was applied but would never come on. Overheating light would come on and engine would be shut off automatically anytime riding slow or sitting in place. Connection was loose on the 10amp breaker so tightened and replaced breaker. Fan is now working and was a cheap fix.

Polaris New OEM Breaker Circuit 10 AMP Sealed, 2410692 Sportsman ATV

Thanks to those above

Old 09-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default no lights

was out for a ride for a couple hours just after changing my u joints in my drive shaft and bike was working great. went through a couple deep water holes and no issues. made it home and decided to was the bike with the garden house and gave the fan a good spray. started the bike up a few hours later and took my little girls for a drive for about five minutes and soon as I pulled the bike up to the shed I could smell something burning and the bike lost all power. got the bike started and when I turned on the headlights the bike would die. managed to get it back in the shed. next morning I started the bike and soon as I put the lights on the bike had smoke and a burning smell from it and completely died. under observation I noticed the main fuse was burned up and melted and I had to dig it out of the fuse holder. put a new fuse in and bike is running but now I have absolutely no lights at all. all other power works including fan. would greatly appreciate your guys input before I take it to a mechanic. thanks

Old 01-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jabowen3
Well thanks again. I greatly appreciate it. I don't have enough spare hair to be pulling it out over this thing haha.
Hi there! I have a full head of hair and pulling all of it out!! I can't find a relay OR the 10 amp CB ANYWHERE. Any chance you have a pic of where it was? Is it hiding inside the plastic wire loom? And where the heck is the relay. The manual clearly says there is one but can't find it..any help is much appreciated. Thank you!