Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Sportsman Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017 | 03:09 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris Sportsman Help Please!

Hi guys, working on a 96 Sportsman 400, The 4WD Was not working, So I bypassed the shifter switch splicing the Red and Gray wires together, Now I have 4WD, Only problem is it only works in Forward Gear, Nothing in reverse, Even while pushing the Override button, What should I do? Thanks for any help!!!!

Old 10-23-2017 | 05:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You don't have to splice wires from the gear switch. Just move the gray spade connector to the red/white(powered up with key on) terminal section. Purple(Violet) is reverse. Should be able to move it's connector to the red/white terminal section and should have awd in reverse also.

Old 10-23-2017 | 05:10 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Heres all I did and it works flawlessly now. Hooked the Purple with the red and grey. I didnt know about the spade terminals at the time else I could have done it that way! But either way its working now! Thank you so much!

Old 10-24-2017 | 08:31 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You're using the red/white wire which is good because it's only powered up when the key is on. Tape em up to keep them from shorting out or when you have time have them go to the terminal board. A lot safer that way.