Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trail Boss 325 Oil Line Problems-Temp fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2000, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am yet another victim of failed oil lines. Just wanted to let other 325 owners know that if your dealer doesnt have the kit to upgrade your oil lines yet, at least pitch the stock spring clamps, and install double small screw clamps on both ends of your oil lines to prevent blow off. Luckily I read the thread by Chopper Bill about the problem and took some clamps and extra oil on a ride with a friend today. I had advised him to keep a close eye on the lines and 5 miles into the ride..........you guessed it, he had a foot and ankle full of oil. Luckily he quickly shut down and we were able to repair on site. But, save yourselves the field repair and at least band-aid the problem until these dealers get enough kits from Polaris to fix our bikes the way they should have left the factory!!

Old 10-29-2000, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know whether this problem has been corrected on the 2001 - 325 Trail Boss? I just got one Wednesday? I know they made some changes, like the steel braided brake cables but wasn't sure about the oil lines.

Old 10-29-2000, 08:21 AM
BK
Pro Rider

My dealer told me they had improved them but there were still some 2001's that had not been upgraded. He said also that there was a fix that they had done in between the original lines and the new ones that was better but not as good as the final upgrade. Like everone else seems to be, I was told they would have it in a week or two.
So have you ridden yours much yet? I only got a couple of hours in Thursday but I figure on putting a lot of time on it today (Sunday). I think we are going to ride at the Muncie Resevoir. I wanted someplace that I could try a few hills and such but nothing challenging until I get it broke in. Mainly just medium speed trails.

Old 10-29-2000, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

BK answered your question as well as I could have. I would stay in touch with your dealer and insist that they correct the problem, if your bike is one that is affected.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Oil cooler

Originally Posted by DesertSportsman
I am yet another victim of failed oil lines. Just wanted to let other 325 owners know that if your dealer doesnt have the kit to upgrade your oil lines yet, at least pitch the stock spring clamps, and install double small screw clamps on both ends of your oil lines to prevent blow off. Luckily I read the thread by Chopper Bill about the problem and took some clamps and extra oil on a ride with a friend today. I had advised him to keep a close eye on the lines and 5 miles into the ride..........you guessed it, he had a foot and ankle full of oil. Luckily he quickly shut down and we were able to repair on site. But, save yourselves the field repair and at least band-aid the problem until these dealers get enough kits from Polaris to fix our bikes the way they should have left the factory!!
what do you refill with???