Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 250 Trailblazer - Spark only with pull rope

Old 02-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailblazer Hater
This is what my stator and flywheel looks like. How do I move the exciter coil outward toward the magnets inside the flywheel? I assume you guys are talking about other Polaris models with the external pick up when you say "a simple tap on the bracket to move it closer to the flywheel..." Right?
Yes we were talking about the later model "pickup coil" mounted outside of the flywheel on the stator plate not the exciter coil on the older ones like yours has. As far as moving it further? I'd match it up the the oem plate and see if it's the actual size of the exciter coil itself(possibly smaller than the oem exciter) that may be the cause of the problem,or if there is a physical difference on the hole distance on the plates. Possible that you could transfer the lighting coil and exciter to the oem plate if there is a difference.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLVED - RESOLVED

This is the stator I bought off ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stator-For-...53.m2749.l2649

Sold by racetechelectric

It is not a Caltric as I'd originally thought. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT OFF EBAY. It is junk. I bought a used OEM Polaris Stator and that fixed my issue immediately. I have all kinds of spark now whether using the electric start or the pull rope.

I cannot speak for the Caltric part, but this eBay stator is a piece of garbage. The company was quick to respond to my issues, but.....save your money.

Thank you Old Polaris Tech. You rock!

Old 02-25-2018, 09:03 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I'm not gonna trash any particular company as more than likely the stator they supplied to you was made in some sweat shop in Asia somewhere. Same for some Caltric parts,some are hit or miss on electrical and mechanical parts such as carbs.Some have had good luck with their parts. Problem is that there are too many aftermarket places out there now offering cheap parts that a lot of people can't resist.Very little quality control,using inferior materials,cheap labor,many of these people probably not trained/qualified and a lot of times that results in the final product that ends up in the customers hands being faulty.Possibly a replacement stator from them may have worked,but glad you have it solved with a used oem part. Plus you can look real close at that stator you posted a link for. The individual lighting coils looked like they were hand wrapped instead of the more uniformed machine wrapped coils found on better quality stators. Probably the same for the exciter coil,cheap wiring,less of it then wrapped up.

Old 02-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
I'm not gonna trash any particular company as more than likely the stator they supplied to you was made in some sweat shop in Asia somewhere. Same for some Caltric parts,some are hit or miss on electrical and mechanical parts such as carbs.Some have had good luck with their parts. Problem is that there are too many aftermarket places out there now offering cheap parts that a lot of people can't resist.Very little quality control,using inferior materials,cheap labor,many of these people probably not trained/qualified and a lot of times that results in the final product that ends up in the customers hands being faulty.Possibly a replacement stator from them may have worked,but glad you have it solved with a used oem part. Plus you can look real close at that stator you posted a link for. The individual lighting coils looked like they were hand wrapped instead of the more uniformed machine wrapped coils found on better quality stators. Probably the same for the exciter coil,cheap wiring,less of it then wrapped up.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/racetechelectric?rmvSB=true got ahold of me and they are giving me a refund! I had to send them a pic of my multimeter taking a measurement of the exciter coil and they authorized a refund. So far, it looks like pretty good customer service.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Most reputable companies will try to work with you and like I mentioned another stator from them may have worked ok with no problems.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:25 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of companies have a no return, no refund policy when it comes to anything electric. I guess sometimes you get lucky. Having proof sure helps.