Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Magnum 330 - No start. Detailed info inside :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may be surprised what the right kind of glue can do. As one guy says online, "It is not widely known by the general public that aircraft wings are usually glued on to the plane, not rivoted, bolted, or using some other mechanical fasteners." That's an interesting way to spell "riveted".

Old 04-08-2018, 04:12 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Check the resistance on the white and white/red pickup coil wires first to make sure it's ok since it was cracked. If in doubt new ones are out there for 11 bucks on amazon or ebay.

Old 04-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She runs!

The coil was fine. it wasn't really cracked, it was just kind of pried away from its metal mounting bracket.

Gorilla glue, if used judiciously, is amazingly strong when bonding plastic to metal. I left it overnight clamped (gently but firmly) in vice grips and then cleaned up all the overflow in the morning, there wasn't much.

I am sure that the bond is stronger than it was originally.

Once I put it all back together, I had strong spark and she fired right up.

And, I now have adjusted valves, rebuilt carb, new fuel filter and pump, and new fuel lines! And the pull starter too!

Old 04-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Good deal..

Old 07-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Range Rover

I know I'm dredging up an old thread but I have a specific question along this line.

New carburetor, new fuel lines. It ran beautifully for several days and all of a sudden won't start.

Changed the spark plug. I'm assuming I'm getting spark but I have an inline tester coming to make sure.

Took the fuel line off the pump that goes to the carburetor. It shoots gasoline out when turning the engine over.

However, the plug was dry when I changed the old one out. Should it be at least a little damp with gasoline? If not, I guess I have to take this Beast apart again

Old 07-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by brainpause
I know I'm dredging up an old thread but I have a specific question along this line.

New carburetor, new fuel lines. It ran beautifully for several days and all of a sudden won't start.

Changed the spark plug. I'm assuming I'm getting spark but I have an inline tester coming to make sure.

Took the fuel line off the pump that goes to the carburetor. It shoots gasoline out when turning the engine over.

However, the plug was dry when I changed the old one out. Should it be at least a little damp with gasoline? If not, I guess I have to take this Beast apart again
If you suspect an issue with fuel delivery, take the spark plugs out, put a few drops of gasoline in, put plug back in, try to start. Or try a few squirts of starting fluid in the air intake. If she runs, you have a fuel delivery issue -- carburetor, pump, filter, etc