Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

grumpy 330

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grumpy 330

hi folks, im new here

just bought a 2004 330 magnum 4x4 (for my old folks to use as their getting on a bit now and farm work is not easy if your young), which sat outside all last winter, and if any of you know the orkney islands you will know thats no good thing.....

anyway, after redoing and drying out electrics and finally undoing most of the bad mechanics the previous owner had done, got her to fire up, runs and purrs away nicely, UNTILL you are past 20% throttle or in gear atall, just bogs down, backfires sometimes cuts out, was a small overheat (with smoke) in the cdi unit, which may be the cause but im not convinced, as have switched it with a borrowed one and does the same, i have ordered a new one anyway, just the one component failed, so if anyone has a board diagram for that, that would be nice or can tell me what it is meant to be, as i dug it out with the compound and its beyond reading

, 3088299 was the part number for that cdi, the first component inside the plug to the box, once i had removed the damn potting compound from it all i could see lol, shall attach a pic, as these things are bloody expensive, especially by the time i got it shipped here...

new plug and coil, stator is testing all good pickup is good, not excessive voltage on revving so regulators are good, carbs were good, replaced and same occurs, all air tight, box is clean filter is clean, exhaust is clear, cams are good, new fuel, kill switch was dodgy its sorted now, i am pretty clued up on mechanics but this one has me stumped..

also while i am here, has anyone seen front end loaders for the polaris? or do you guys think it wouldnt be fit for that?

thanks

jake

Old 10-05-2018, 02:37 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I've seen front end loaders and 3-point hitches for ATVs so they than do nearly anything a tractor can, but not as well. The front end loaders put a lot of weight on the suspension. I saw a video where the front end squatted ever time the guy scoped up some dirt. As for the problem you're having I'll have to sleep on it.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, thanks for the reply,

i think i have it sorted, the problem was i had not looked deep enough in to the previous owners destruction,,,,, there were cut wires up inside the sleeve that had been joined together back to front, the stator was wired direct to the power input to the cdi, which blew the cdi, running like a dream now, even with the missing component from the cdi

jake

Old 10-08-2018, 03:51 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts