Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help! New carb more problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! New carb more problems

I have a 2003 polaris sportsman 600 that I bought from a landscape company to use to plow snow on my property. Last year it started leaking gas from the carb and it would die everytime I let off the throttle. I took off the carb and replaced it with a new one I found on amazon. Now that I've replaced it, it won't start at all except for with starting fluid for a few seconds. The carb is exactly the same except that there is a different spot on the carb for a vacum line (I think) in the pictures i have it labeled as c?. I've attached pictures and labeled them with where all the fuel lines are going from the fuel pump and too the carb. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fuel pump and lines. A is coming from petcock valve. B is going to carb. C is going to other random location (see other pics)

Fuel line going to carb. Same place as last carb only this time it is leaking from where it connects here. I know gas is getting to the carb though and into the bowl.

This is where the vacum line has been going.

Connection that was not on last carb that could be an alternate spot for the vacum line? Tried moving the line there but it didnt seem to do anything so i capped it and put the line back where it was.