Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

help!!! NEW HO TROUBLES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 05:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new 2001 SP500 H.O. and drilled the 8 airholes myself...will that hurt the quad?

Old 04-30-2001, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

My H.O started sticking in gear also. I took it to my Polaris dealer and they said it was the belt. Well about 3 weeks later it happened again. It was a real pain! It would stick in gear and just keep moving forward. It took me 20 minutes to get it into neutral! When I took it back they said that it was my belt again! I started to load it up and the dealer said that he had my ticket up front. I was stunned I didnt think I would owe anything since it was still under warranty. They charged me for my belt and 70 dollars for labor. He said that the warranty wouldnt cover it because of abuse. It only has a little over 500 miles on it and I have been much easier on this than I was my Grizzly! I had over 1700 on my Grizzly and never had any trouble with my belt. I got it back and after riding this weekend it is starting to stick again!! Im thinking about E-mailing Polaris. What do yall think? Has anyone else had this much trouble out of their belt?

Old 04-30-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Jamie,

I don't know what year your SP is, but the 2001's are warranteed for life. If your dealer won't stand behind you, and claims abuse, I say your dealer sucks. Find another one.

Dave

Old 04-30-2001, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

jamie,
'it would stick in gear and keep on moving foward' sure sounds like the idle is to damn high! when i got my H.O. last year, my idle was to high, i found it difficult to get it out of gear, and it would roll foward at idle speed. the dealer took 5 min to fix the problem by turning down my idle.
all H.O.'s are 2001 models and they are all under warranty. call polaris, tell them about your bill. you should be reimbursed asap. your dealer is a dumb idiot for charging you a bill for something it may not have even needed. DON'T GIVE UP!

'01 sp500ho red
2000lb. warn winch
26" outlaws on alloys
the rest is stock and fantastic!

Old 04-30-2001, 11:06 PM
wyd
Range Rover

I rode with a guy that had that problem with his HO and it was because the clutches were not aligned correctly and cause the belt to drag. They adjusted it and never had that problem or any problems since.

Old 05-01-2001, 12:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

you know,
you guys are starting to scare me with all these clutch problems on your NEW machines! i thought that polaris had their act together!?!
where the hell has their 'quality control' gone?
i even emailed them 5-6 times lately and they NEVER RESPOND!
"clutches out of alignment, burning up belts, dealers charging for stuff that should be warranty work and BLAMING THE CUSTOMER?"-c'mon!
maybe we should concider other brands!

'01 sp500h.o. red
2000lb. warn winch
26" outlaws on alloy rims
the rest is stock and loving it.

Old 05-01-2001, 09:19 PM
wyd
Range Rover

Funny thing is that I read this stuff about other atv brands. Not just Polaris. Remember you are hearing about a handful of problems. Their are way more that have no problems and just never get on the computer. Alot come on just to complain and to bash. Yes some problems do exist but that is the minority.

As far as dealers we all know of bad dealers. I'm in sales myself and 90% of the problems are the customer and not actually the business.

Old 05-02-2001, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

mtpockets,
You are correct. You need to consider another brand. Probably Honda... also keep in mind the Polaris's resale is the worst. You will be lucky to be able to give that peice of junk HO away.

I knda feel sorry for you. I will drive all the way from Texas to your house and haul that thing off for you before your problems begin. I will even give you $3000 for your trouble. Let me know if I can help. Until then, keep that HO clean and maintained so I don't get dirty loading it into my truck.

Thanks,

Greg

Old 05-03-2001, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

I still love my H.O. I wouldnt even consider getting anything else. Not at this point. I belive my trouble is with my dealer not because it is a Polaris. My dealer sells Honda and Polaris machines. In their shop right now they have more Hondas than they do Polaris. Though I still believe Hondas are the most dependable. The day I came up to get it fixed he cussed my friends and told them to move their blankin car. I was totally stunned! I dont think I will buy another quad from him after that. He was real nice to me when I bought it. But now that I am having trouble he acts like he cant stand to see me. It just makes me mad that he charged me when my warranty isnt even up yet.