Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ITP quality control issues? Bead seating

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP quality control issues? Bead seating

Hi guys,

I bought a used 2015 Scrambler 1000 that has ITP TerraCross tires on it in good shape (made in 2018). The only problem is that the front tires are vibrating at higher speed. After some investigation it is very clear that the amount of tire "lip" sticking out of the bead is not even all the way around the tire (the rear tires are completely fine).

I have broken the bead and cleaned the wheel very well. The lip on the bead of the tire itself seems to be even all the way around, but as soon as it's mounted, it's not.

I know, it sounds like I'm not beading the tire correctly. I have done it multiple times with many other tires with no problems, soap up the bead real good and put about 30-35 psi in them (36 psi max on the sidewall). The pops are audible when the bead seats. No leaks around the bead at all after it has "seated".

I've tried breaking the bead, rotating the tire a bit, and putting them back on. I've tried taking the tire completely off, putting them back on. No change.

Has anyone else seen quality control issues with the ITP tires? They say made in USA but I'm not impressed at all so far.