Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

You guys want to get sick? READ THIS!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 03:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is horrible.
http://www.wildernesssociety.org/sta.../orv/index.htm

These people forget that we have a right to ride too. Displacing wildlife? Awwwwww. What do they think the construction of, say, a new HOUSING PLAN does? This is why it's important to remind all people that ride ATVs to NOT LITTER and MINIMIZE the damage you do to the land.

These wackos have "some" points, but basically don't make much sense beyond that.

Old 05-04-2001, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

they said snowmobiles? how do snowmobiles damage the enviroment? they never touch the ground. the ony time they do any damage to nature is when someone crashes into a tree. what a bunch of tree huggers!!!! democrats, freedoms enemy!

Old 05-04-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

man, these guys have crap heads!!! They specify what ORVs are...well, what they specify are only the fun little stuff "personal watercrafts (jet skis)".
Man this makes me sick. In my opinion, these guys are intoxicated by TV shows. They see guys all over the world in inaccessible places and seeing this they say to themselves, wow, this is cool, let's do it here! oh no, those stupid ORVers can't let us have our TV like place. They obviously forget about all the "pain" of TV shows...mosquitos, bees, flies, snakes...they only see the green trees with the TV hero making his own path. They want "adventure" right out the door. TV intoxicated. That's it. Crap heads...same stuff.

Old 05-04-2001, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to there feedback link and give them a peice of your mind, I did"this land was made for you AND me":P

Old 05-04-2001, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

The way you get back at these clowns is this. Sign up to be on their mailing list. They will then send you a return postage paid envelope asking for a contribution. Don't send them any money, box up a cinder block or some other thing that is quite heavy and attach the postage paid evelope to the box and mail it to them. Let them pay postage on useless items and deplete their funds through paying the post office. Lord knows the P.O. could use the money. If even just 10 percent of the people who read these forums did this and mailed just a 16 ounce item to them the postage would be in the $34,000 range.

This is what me and a couple of friends did when we got solicitations from Handgun Control a few years ago.

Old 05-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

I WANNA KNOW HOW DID THEY GET OUT TO TAKE ALL THOSE PICTURES?????????
IT DOSEN'T LOOK LIKE THERE IS A MAIN ROAD CLOSE BY.
PROBABLY WALKED OUT OR MAYBE DID A SKYDIVE (LOL)
ETHIER WAS THEY ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS ANYONE ELSE IS FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THE LAND.
IF THE YOU COULD CUT THIER FUNDING BY FINDING OUT WHO SUPPORTS THEM ,THEN THINGS MAY GO TO A DIFFERENT TONE.
IF YOU MAKE ANY TYPE OF DONATION TO ANY CHARITY FIND OUT WHO THE CHARITY SUPPORTS WITH THEIR FUNDING.
IF THEY HELP THESE FREEDOM *****,TREE HUGGERS, RUMPRANGERS,AND OTHER VARIOUS FREAKS , REFUSE TO ASSIST THEM BY GIVING THEM YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY, REMBER THAT IT'S PUBLIC LAND THAT IS MAINTAINED WITH MINE AND YOUR TAX MONEY.

MAY THE SOUTH RISE AGAIN,
SPORTSMAN 005

Old 05-05-2001, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

That's Aweful, do they realize that the majority of persons who ride "ORV's" are actually sportsman who are concerned about the environment too, only we actually know what's going on? they get a stack of papers from some agency who knows nothing about the environment, and these eco-***** base their haterd toward us from what they read, or what they think.

I like what minehunter said, i think it's a great idea, everyone go to http://www.wilderness.org/forms/feedback.htm
and sign up for the mailing list and send them an old tire, or a few cinder blocks at their cost

Old 05-05-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

These people are ridiculous. I (as everyone else should) sent them a nasty gram. I have copied and pasted it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC.
I BOUGHT MY ATV'S SO MY FAMILY AND I COULD SPEND MORE TIME TOGETHER. IT'S CALLED BONDING, SOMETHING YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH YOU!
YOUR KIDS ARE PROBABLY THE ONES THAT ARE BRINGING GUNS TO SCHOOL AND SHOOTING THEIR CLASSMATES BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS ARE TOO BUSY WORRY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.
I'M ORIGINALLY FROM NORTHERN MAINE PROBABLY SOME OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BACKWOODS ON THE EAST COAST, I RIDE WITH ABOUT 40 PEOPLE AND NONE OF US "COMPACT SOIL, DAMAGE VEGETATION, DISPLACE WILDLIFE," OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU STATED ON YOUR WEB PAGE.
ON OUR ATV'S OR AS YOU CALL THEM ORV'S MY BUDDIES AND I GO OUT AND PICK UP TRASH, BRUSH, AND ANY OTHER DEBRIS NUMEROUS TIMES A YEAR.
I DON'T SEE YOU DOING THIS YOU JUST SIT BEHIND A DESK AND POKE YOUR NOSE INTO TERRITORY THAT YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETELY EXPLORED.
GIVE US SPORTSMAN A BREAK, GET OFF OF OUR BACKS AND STOP TRYING TO TAKE SOMETHING AWAY FROM US THAT WE LOVE SO MUCH.

Old 05-05-2001, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

good lord! that was a great letter. give them sh*t right back for talking crap about our fun. you need to send them a rattle snake in a box or something. it wont kill them right away, it'll give em enough time to get to the hospital. it would sure teach them to stop talking about stuff they don't know about

Old 05-05-2001, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

This is what they have for ORV's:

Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs) Include
Motorcycles
All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
4 wheel drive vehicles if used off-road
Snowmobiles
Personal watercraft such as jet skis

Jet Skis? They have got to be joking! Boats are more dagerous than jet skis, jet skis don't have perpellers. These people are going waayy to far. I am still stunned! What do they think they will accomplish by removing jet skis from the water and keeping boats on the water? Next they will have the coast Guard on the ocean in a dingy and no motor just a set of orrs, now then they can really save lives!

How many birds, bugs, rabbits, squarrels, deer, snakes ect...do cars, trucks, planes, boats and street bikes kill every year? They don't seem to mind that! How much land and wilderness is lost to roads, airports and freeways for these vehicles?

I can't see how they can get this done, but if they do I will personally see to it that they are also rid of all forms of transportation. We will then see how happy they are riding to work on horseback. We will all go back to riding horses and carrying 6 shooters. And then if I see one of these people, I will be carrying a 5 shooter with one used shell.

As for sending nasty letters to thier feedback email...don't waste your time, it will go right to thier recycle bin. We need to go over thier head, we need to be writing to congress and the people who they are trying to convince to pass this bill. We need to let congress know that if they ban ORV's for the reasons the tree huggers suggest, than they have to ban all forms of transportation for the same reasons and we will all go back to riding horses. I bet the government would love to see the "pony express" back in action!