Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atv television

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got done watchin atv television and was wondering if anybody else has noticed that they hardly ever show the magnum.seems that when they do show it the magnum doesn't have the problems that the kawasaki or other atv's have goin over the rocks or whatever they're doin.but they still praise the other atvs and never mention the magnum.seems to me they are pretty partial against the polaris,even though polaris is a sponsor.just an observation
thanks

Old 05-05-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

What channel and what time does that show come on? I thought I heard the Outdoor Channel at 3:00? We get a channel called the Outdoor Live channel. Is that the same thing? Unfortunatly I haven't been able to catch the show on at all. Thanks.

-Josh

Old 05-06-2001, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Ive been watching this program for over a year now and have noticed that polaris seems to take a backseat to Kawasaki and Honda real bad. Funny thing is every time they have a polaris on, it out does the others with little trouble. My opinion is polaris is a better machine and if they always let us know that the other sponsers would get mad.

Old 05-06-2001, 12:13 AM
Range Rover

How can you say they are biased when they did an entire episode on the Polaris new model intoduction? One thing I noticed is they use a cammera quad and that one does not get a lot of air time. Once in a while they will see if it can get trough a tough section, but it don't get nearly as much air time as the others.

Old 05-06-2001, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

atv television is on the outdoor channel on dish network.its on saturdays at 3:00pm

Old 05-07-2001, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

This show has some potential, but the host needs some work. I taped the show and watched it last night. You are right, the camera man generally rides the Magnum and it does get the least coverage (even though it is clearly the best quad of the bunch for the rock crawling that they were doing). The thing that I found odd about this weeks show (it was a repeat) was the they were supposed to be testing the Suzuki Quadrunner 500, yet the host was riding his Rancher and one of the other guys was riding the Suzuki. You would think that if you were testing and showcasing one particular quad, the host would be riding it. Here are some of my thoughts on this show:

1. They spend way too much time on the hardcore rock trails. They have devoted several shows to these hardcore rockclimbing trails. These get boring after about the sixth or seventh show.

2. The host (Doug Meyer) gets on one subject and seems to beat it to death. In this weeks show, he was ranting and raving about front differentials and how great they were. The first three times were enough.

3. I try to think I am not biased ( I own two Polaris's and a Honda), but the host is definetly biased toward Honda. He never says anything bad about Honda.

ATV Television is on Mondays at 5:00 pm, Thursdays at 9:30 am, and Saturday at 3:00pm on The Outdoor Channel (not to be confused with the Outdoor Life Network).

Old 05-07-2001, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

I rest my case!!!

Old 05-07-2001, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Got to admit everytime I have watched and they had a Polaris on there it really took a backseat big time. A buddy of mine actually heard the host say he did not lke Polaris engines.

Old 05-11-2001, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

it depends on who pays the most example
honda and kawi must pay the most cause they are always talking about them.

that is just my .o2

Old 05-11-2001, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

so, if you cant impress them with performance, impress them with dollars.