Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wowed by Polaris ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-1999, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I went to the Polaris dealer in town today. Man was I wowed. The salesman/technican was talking to me and telling me about his favorite Polaris, the Explorer 400 4x4. Well he started talking some bull about how he could ride a wheelie from a dead stop with it. So I questioned him and he showed me! From a dead stop he held the brake and gave it the gas untill he felt the belt grap. He then let off the brake and nailed it. Sure enough he rode a wheelie for about 6 ft stop and did it 3 more times.

Well it was closing time and he started putting the quads back in the dealership. Well there was this new Sportsman 6x6 that was out side. Well he starts it up lets it warm up and goes put up another Polaris. Well he comes back and says,"watch this". He holds the left brake lever in, puts it in reverse and nails it. I never thought a 6x6 could do spin it's tires like that on cement.

Well what other amazing things can Polaris's do?

Old 11-21-1999, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

This could be the answer to why polaris's are so unreliable, the dealers are beating the s**t out of them before the customer even gets them home.

Old 11-21-1999, 01:10 AM
Range Rover

Remind me not to buy my new quads from that dealer, I like mine in good condition when I lay dowk 6K on a quad

Old 11-21-1999, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

No S**t !!!
Damn if they do that to new ones I'd hate to see what they do if you take one in for service!
ps> burnt rubber on concrete huh? Damn...
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 11-21-1999, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

I can't say anything... I've done worse with other peoples machines...
We all swapped machine one day and the FIRST thing I did was sink my buddys Foreman 450S.
I had been thru that part of the river a thousand times... but never on a Honda. That spot is NOW named HONDA HOLE!! (complete with sign!!)
And another thing, Kawasakis aren't good at climbing Hospital Hill... But, they flip with the best of them!!!...
But, the guy that owned the Honda got me back, he was trying to reverse wheelie my Scrambler and stood it straight up and it fell over on its side..
I TOLD him NOT to try that kicking it off a log....hehehehehe..
Anyway, I would rather see a dealer willing to thrash the machines he sells, than to look at ya like a cow staring at a new gate when you ask for a test ride.
Thats like buying a new car without driving it first.

Old 11-21-1999, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

If any of you ever come to the S.C. lowcountry and break something you might not want to bring it to me . I like to give Quads I fix a very complete test ride before I send them back to the owners.Wouldn't want anything I fixed to break before anything else you know. HAHAHA

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 11-21-1999, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

I know another amazing thing a Polaris can
do,Slip the belt when you cross water too
fast and not switch back into 2wd when you
get to the other side.

Old 11-21-1999, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

bz?????... WHatever your name is....

HAHAHAHA.... WWHHHHOOAAAA.... HEHEHEHEHEHEEE... DAMN.. You're such a funny guy.... hehehehe... oh i'm just fallin in the freakin floor laughin... ....

NOW SHUT UP!!!!!.....

Old 11-21-1999, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

There's a big difference between swapping quads with a buddy for a few minutes and a dealer beating on brand new machines that an unsuspecting buyer might be purchasing at any minute. I've had good friends wreck on one of my extras and it didn't phase me. But let me pull into the dealer that's doing something to one of my bikes and catch someone smokin' my tires in reverse, we're trading bloody noses everytime. Hospital Hill, I like that.

Old 11-21-1999, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

The second day I had my 300 Xplorer the brakes were not working well so I took it back and they adjusted the rear brake. Then a mechanic junped on it, with me standing there, and gunned it going down a paved street in town. He then grabbed the break and stood it up on the front wheels and landed sideways. I was hot, but did not say anything. Nothing like that is going to happen again that is for sure. He is really lucky it did not role, he came very close, landing sideways like that he would have left some major skin on that pavement, and some major hair off of his head because he didn't have a helmet on either. Not to mention probably loosing his job because I WOULD have had another new quad.

Quick Reply: Wowed by Polaris ATVs