Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey Kagey

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-1999, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet you were surprised at seeing your name in a post huh was wondering if you could tell me what was causing a few things on my AC 500 I noticed the other day when I gave it a lot of gas seems it didn't want to take it like it was running out of gas and has back fired a few times do you think me not turning my gas off at night could be causing this or maybe is the gas mixture a little to lean also seems my Cat is pulling a little to the left is this maybe caused by an adjustment on the front wheels thought I would ask as I have seen some posts on here and you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on atv's thought I would ask you these things as I have to take it in to the dealer while it is still under warranty have 300 miles on it now...thanks

Artic Cat 500 auto...love not shifting

------------------

Old 11-23-1999, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

AT one of the first things you need to check on the pulling to one side is your tire pressures. I have found that the stock Titans and Dunlops are very sensitive to tire pressures being off on one wheel by as little as a half pound, if this does happen to be the case post it back on here to let me know.As for the bogging I am really not familiar with the Artic cat Carb and fuel delivery system there is only one here a Manual shift 500 and I have not had to do anything but install a set of Oxlite CV guards on it for the owner. I would have to say on that new of a machine that its just break in pains(as I like to call them) Likly just a minor Carb adjustment that needs to be made in order to correct your running problem . When you take it to your dealer for the first service be sure you tell them about this problem and let them try to tune it correctly they should have no trouble tuning the Carb in properly on a new machine. Also if the tire pressure doesn't corresct the steering let them line your front end for you . Sorry about my lack of knowledge on the Cats but our closest dealer is 110 miles away and people just won't drive that far with the Honda plant 35 miles away and 3 Honda dealers inside that distance. We also have the largest Polaris Dealer in the state about 20 miles away so you can figure what I see around here all the time. As for my name on a Post , Ha Ha its not the first time its happened. I'm glad to help when I can but unfortunatly I don,t have all the answers and its hard to make a diagnosis over the Internet, lot easier when I can put my hand on the machine.

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 11-23-1999, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

thanks kevin thanks for the info I will check the psi and let you know I am pretty good at giving legal advice for the obvious reason hehehehe if you need any...later...

Artic Cat 500...Love that Cat

------------------

Old 11-23-1999, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Atving...
Are you talking aobut a dead stop "whack" to W.O.T.?... if so, thats called "toggling" the carburetor.. and very few, if any, utility machine carburetors will do that under load.
I haven't seen a broken in Yamaha 4-stroke that will do it... talking about under load..i.e....In gear...

Old 11-23-1999, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with Kagey. Just have them adjust the carb. My uncle's 454 would cut out, foul plugs, and puff black smoke (indicates gas) when you revved the engine in neutral. They replaced the plug (because it needed it) and adjusted the carb (which was too rich) and it hasn't done it since. The problems came with 50-125 miles, and from 125 miles to nearly 300, it hasn't had a problem since. Easy to fix, but it will make you wonder at first. Especially with a new machine.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 11-25-1999, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Atving, I'm not trying to insult you,but please use periods. That first post was a really lonnggg sentence.
BushHog

Old 11-25-1999, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BushHog, I find punctuation makes posts easier to read and also easier to understand.

I appreciate the consideration a poster shows to his readers when he tries to use correct punctuation, spelling and grammar.

Everyone makes errors, and this ain't exactly English class; however, I believe an effort at good writing improves communication.

Tree Farmer

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-1999, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Atving,I was only trying to help. Please don't be offended.
BushHog