Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rolled the Scrambler hard and got ripped off at the dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2001, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While doing a big wheelie my back bar hit the ground hard. I do this a lot and it is no big deal. This time it must of hit something or dug into the ground because it spun me around on the back tires and tipped itself unto it's side.

It hit the ground hard...bending my rims and eveything. When I got up (unhurt) I noticed hub oil on the ground. The peice of $hit "pot metal" strut assembly had busted in two. Not cool.

I took it apart and went to my dealership. They laughed and said a new one was $180!! That is about twice what it is worth. If it can't hold up to a mild roll over, it's not worth it. If you ask me, Polaris parts are way over priced!

'96 Scrambler w/RCR Stage 1 Kit, K&N filter, and Boyesen Power Reeds.

Old 05-17-2001, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer

Go buy parts from the other manufactures.

Old 05-17-2001, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Compared to after market parts the dealer will ALWAYS rob you. It makes no sence because they probably have thousands of the part you need at the factory, and the quality of the part is usually poor compaired to after market pieces, but they always rob you.
Call around and find a good adjustable unit with duel rate springs. You'll be better off.

Old 05-17-2001, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Is it just me, or are most of the Polaris parts cheaply built? I mean, I just rolled my four wheeler and I bent the stearing post which I can understand but I snapped one of the metal pieces off of my throttle assembly and another metal piece off of the brake assembly. The metal is like cheap die-cast that just breaks instead of bending at all. My friends Magnum's bolts are breaking off (like mentioned in one of the posts below). I mean people are paying almost $7,000 for these quads with cheap parts. I hear so many people talking about breaking this and breaking that. I understand that riding a wheelie on the back bumper isn't exacly babying your quad, but they should be able to take some punishment. Anyway, I guess I'm just starting to vent, so I'll shut up now. Overall I'm still happy with my Polaris. Later.

-Josh

Old 05-17-2001, 06:15 PM
Range Rover

Try buying spares for a Honda! Here (New Zealand) Polaris parts are the least expensive of any of the ATV makers, Honda being the worst, and Yamaha not far behind.

The parts may be made the same as the other brands (Japanese use better steel than American), but the weight of the Polaris when it falls means THEY REALLY FALL! Hence more likley to break something.

Old 05-17-2001, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'll take Polaris replacement costs over my Yamaha's any day. I'm on my third Kodiak bumper (how come it's always a friend wrecking it?) at $189 a pop.

Fact is, they know they have us over a barrel.

Old 05-17-2001, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought a 300ex,Man I wish Polaris parts would fit on it.The only thing I have bought so far that was cheep is an oil filter.Hold on to Your wallet when You go to buy Honda parts.

Old 05-17-2001, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Piranha,

I hear you man. Polaris quads take a hard hit when rolled over the handle bars. Both the throttle and the brake resorvor tend to get busted up.

I guess the price I have to pay for riding wheelies is just the price of power.

How's the RCR Stage 1 Kit working for you?

'96 Scrambler w/RCR Stage 1 Kit, K&n filter, and Boyesen Power Reeds.

Old 05-18-2001, 03:02 AM
Range Rover

Try buying some Yamaha parts, my son has a 80cc quad wanted to rebuild carb how about 25 dollars for a needle and seat and 10 dollars a gasket? He needed a ring and pinion $375.00. Bought a ring and pinion for my mustang was half that price. I think polaris parts are much cheaper.

Old 05-18-2001, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

From what I read and hear, all OEM parts are expensive. So I don't htink it's just a Polaris thing.

I know the dealers have to make a living, but it's a shame how much they mark-up some of this stuff.

Quick Reply: Rolled the Scrambler hard and got ripped off at the dealership...