Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

want to pipe and big wheel xplor 400

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001 | 08:00 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2000 xplor 400 and Im interested in getting more power out of it. I called Ritter cycle and they stated go with Stage I for $325. That would solve the power.. but then he stated not to put the big wheel kit on it... What shoud a person do. Polaris is giving me $200 to buy whatever and I thought I would get the wheels. As far as pipes go what kind should I get and from where?

Old 05-24-2001 | 08:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Rick Ritter sent me an HDP pipe for my 00 400cc Xplorer.That HDP pipe fit great on the 99 models,however,in 00,the range shifter was moved and it no longer fit.I sent Rick back the pipe.He refunded my money.

Someone in here had suggusted going with a Dynoport pipe/silencer.Before buying,I told the owner of Dynoport[Rich] that I was an ASI safety instructor and HAD to be at or below the legal db sound limit of 94db and spark arrested,he promised his pipe would meet all that I requested.A few weeks after I installed the pipe/silencer,it flunked the sound test at 98-99db.He wont take his pipe or silencer back and currently my Credit Card company is fighting this jerks ethics of selling.They will sue him if they have to.STAY AWAY FROM DYNOPORT.

Rick Ritter modified a PSI pipe for me,he had to add 2 inches to the middle of it,he than sent me a stock Scrambler silencer.I had to fit a few brackets to the silencer for mounting,but man,what a performer this thing is now!And its also legal.I'd get back ahold of Rick and ask him to do the same for you,his modified pipe and Scrambler silencer perform excellant and I highly recommend them.
Bill

00 Xplorer 400cc 4x4
Modified PSI pipe w/Scrambler silencer
RcR airbox mods
KN Filter-Uni Filter
26 inch Mudrunners
Hot Seat clutch kit
Delta V-Force reeds w/spacer kit
100% Brass Brakes
Custom Cargo Box

If you want to come in second,''FOLLOW ME''

Old 05-24-2001 | 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

theres nothing wrong with the dynonport, so it might be louder then you wanted and i can understand u would be mad there, but the performance of them is really nice, and only have to change jetting and fall, no other adjustments needed.

Old 05-24-2001 | 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

Jerry,

I believe Bill was stating that it HAS to be 94db in Michigan to be legal on State trails, which Michigan has alot of. therefore the 98db or whatever he stated would be illegal hence a violation. Hey what do I know I may have misread.

Old 05-24-2001 | 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

4wheelitis,[hi]
is correct.Thats exactly what I meant.And another thing,the fit of this Dynoport pipe is horrible.The silencer hangs down really low in the frame opposed to the stock silencer.Poor design that could be easily fixed.

Rich from Dynoport bragged that his pipe needed no rejetting or clutch adjustments before the sale.One should be very CAUTIOUS of the performance gains that come from a pipe like this,as they are VERY little.

My PSI pipe and Scrambler silencer hits SOOOOO much harder than this piece of crap to.Just food for thought,
Bill

Old 05-24-2001 | 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, you also have a bunch of other mods with it also, that makes a big differnce, so dont start bashing this pipe when you had it for a little amount of time, i noticed a huge difference with mine, he also, you know how to put the spacers on right Muddy? dint think so. HAHA

Old 05-24-2001 | 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

jerry,
the ONLY other mod I have on the Xplorer that I did'nt have with Dynoports junk is the Hot Seat clutch kit.And I allready tested the PSI pipe without the clutch kit,it hits ALOT harder than the Dynoport.Simple put,Rich from Dynoport is a rude and arrogant lieing partsman that could care less about what he tells/sells his customers.And as for the spacer kit,at least I caught my own mistake!Thats not so bad is it?I know,you are the ONLY person in the world to not make a mistake on his ATV.HA-HA to that!

If you like your Dynojunk pipe,thats all good,but dont attempt me from trying to stop that idiot owner from defrauding another innocent customer.