Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My name is Jonathan Adams, 18 years old and am from the Swamp State of Louisiana. I ride a 99 500 Magnum with front and rear mesh rack baskets and a front bumber. I hate seeing my Magnum getting all muddy so I have some Polaris Mud Flaps (Skirts) on the way. I plan on getting either some Blackwaters or some Super Swampers TSLs in the near future. Happy Riding.

[This message has been edited by bignasty (edited 12-14-1999).]

Old 12-09-1999, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

STAY AWAY FROM POLARIS!
Especially if you ride hard and are a heavy user. If you don't like to see your
machine break through torture tests especially.
Ya the polaris rides nice and is a good looking machine but it will not pass torture tests, why because it is built for back roads and not punishment. My buddy is getting rid of his 500sp because of this. He is coming over to Yamaha because of this. More power and no Sensor bull for the 4*4. ATV's are not meant to have sensors, mud and water are there enemies, and i don't care what anyone says, i have seen way too much problems with the Polaris's. The Grizzly rules and right beind it is its buddy the Kodiak. Another thing with the Polaris's is when you are pulling real heavy loads it i nice to be able to put your bike in 4*4 so the machine works less, well with Polaris again you only get it when the back wheels slip, so until then your bike must work in 2wd. Lots of more work on that engine and tranny( can someone answer that). Oh well, knowing the best is by trying the best. YAMAHA ALL THE WAY. Yes i know the Grizz suffers from alot of heat, and vibrates a bit but hey atleast i will come home everytime with a unbroken bike.
It is time someone was truthfull.
Sorry, but i want reliability everytime, we pay alot of money and i don't have any to burn.

Old 12-09-1999, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

Hey,

Yam8
Did you actually read the topic. Or by chance did you check what forum you were in.
I think the forum you are looking for is the I am stuck on myself and I am stuck with my Yamaha forum.

Tony

Old 12-09-1999, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

Yam8-dont be a ***!! go back to your hammers and keep falling behind in technology, every other quad makers seems to keep up, you should too!!!

hey i ride a custom made Honda 600. I like to call it "the Red and Black Attack"! I pulled a CR600R motocross engine out of my bike and stuck it in a 300EX frame, man was that a tight fit! With a little help from my dad(a mechanical engineer) we made mounts and made the clutch work perfectly. This big ol two stroker screams past mustangs and other sports cars that i race, until about 80 mph, including LeSabre's(inside joke, Jer) I take anything that ppl bring.

Hope to have some pics on the net soon.
thanks!
anybody that would like to challenge stop by orchard, Iowa

Old 12-09-1999, 07:21 PM
Range Rover

hey yam8 maybe you can explain to me how a quad will not have to work as hard in 4wheel drive. Had many 4wheel drive trucks, maybe they would have lasted longer is I left them in 4 wheel drive? Get real!!

Old 12-09-1999, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

mistake in last message, I miss typed the CR600R, i meant to type CR500R, hard to hit the right number when in a hurry! thanks, the challenge is still on boyz!!
Ranger

Old 12-09-1999, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

YAM8---Why don't you go back to your own worthless yamaha site and brag some more about the atv that DADDY bought you.All you are is a pimple popping spoilied brat that can't get anything unless Daddy buys it for you I am sick and tired of having nice talk with polaris owners about polaris machines and little internet brats like you come along and just want to start a fight or get us all riled up. What in the He!! brings you to the polaris sight any how. Don't you know how to read or diddn't you notice the big black POLARIS words when you double clicked on it DA DA DA!!! Why in the world would us polaris owners want to hear about yamaha!!! Get the He!! out of here and go ride Daddy's heap of yammahammer and take notice of all of the polarises you see on the trail!! Soon to be number ONE!

Old 12-09-1999, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Duesch! I'll race your as_!!! I own a 99 Scrambler 500 with alum. wheels and i took off all my brush guards and bumpers to make it lighter. I bet i can beat your stupid homemade piecer because Polaris's are the best! My snowmobile type tranny will walk all over your sissy little 5-speed. My Scrambler is soo light that you'll never stand a chance against me! Ohh yeah, i run a clutch kit in it also and i top out at 62 mph now! Bring it!

Old 12-09-1999, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Duesch! I'll race your as_!!! I own a 99 Scrambler 500 with alum. wheels and i took off all my brush guards and bumpers to make it lighter. I bet i can beat your stupid homemade piecer because Polaris's are the best! My snowmobile type tranny will walk all over your sissy little 5-speed. My Scrambler is soo light that you'll never stand a chance against me! Ohh yeah, i run a clutch kit in it also and i top out at 62 mph now! Bring it!

Old 12-09-1999, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

OHHHHHH Stocker- What a little brain you have! NO way will your sweet snowmobile tranny keep up with the wide ranged 5-speed! Well maybe on second thought your clutch kit might make the difference, hahaha, you sure that it runs 62, not 82? or maybe it is the terrible transfer of power from the engine to the wheels, that could be. maybe you should put some big ol Mudrunners on that thing that might even give speed while at the same time sap a sh*t load of power away!!!! hahaha, good one, bring that sh*t on, no polaris ATV will ever go over 65!!!! bye

Quick Reply: your ride?