Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-1999, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mudmachine,
I own (2) 00 Grizzlys and am alarmed about your comments. I also have a total of 7 friends that own Grizzly's all the way from the 98 models on. Although mine are too new to verify dependability, not one of my friends have had the problems you stated. Do you care to share the name of the dealer and or the salesperson that told you this information in order that I may verify it? I chose to e-mail you because I was not sure that you wanted to put peoples names on the forum. Please e-mail me this information (names). If this information proves to be true, I will get rid of mine immediately and recommend to my friends to do likewise. If this turns out to be untrue,(and if you do not care to give the names, I will consider it to be untrue, then I must ask why you must spread untruths like this? I rarely post on this forum, I choose to read information of value, so you must understand why this alarms me and why I need verification.

------------------

Old 12-11-1999, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Bama,
Check your E-Mail... I will be nice and not go on the personal attack of why you choose to surf thru the POLARIS threads. But, I will say that after riding with a guy on a 2000 Grizzly, I'm STILL not impressed.
Like I say, Triple sealed my a$$.!!!..
As for trying to play some childish game of "You play my *** game or you must be a liar." I will opt to refer you to the forum archives.. and look at all the problems I have had with both machines.
Do I wish to threaten the job of a good friend to prove some point to a person whos name I have never seen on here before? NO.. If you don't believe me, fine, prove me wrong with your two new machines. But, IF you ride the way we do, when you grab for that brake and nothing happens, just think of me... You don't have to post it, but just think about it..
I don't wish the problems I had out of my Yamahas on ANYBODY!!.. But, for the type of riding we do, they will NOT take the punishment... This is PROVEN and EVERY mudrun.! Find yourself some good old east Texas August heat, get down in the mud, and lets see it NOT overheat...
Good Luck and Good Day!!
I want to apologize in advance to all the regulars on here, I KNOW better that to let unknown people sending personal e-mail to me get to me, but it just hit me wrong...
This is NOT the intended purpose of this thread, OR these forums..
Once again, I apologize...

Old 12-11-1999, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

mudrunner

I apologize if you felt that I was calling you a liar, that was not my intention. It is true that you do not know me, but it is just as true that I do not know you either. I surf all manufacturers forum simpy out curiosity and to attemt to get the latest information.

From my reading the forums, I have grown tired of people bashing each others machines. Your statement was that Yamhas Suck. While I do not dispute that your Yamahas may have sucked, I do dispute that all Yamahas suck. I think Polarises are great machines also. I had to choose between the Sportsman and the Grizzly and I felt that the Grizzly was the better all around machine for what I would use an ATV for. It also sounds that a good deal of the problems that you had are due to a poor dealer.

I currently live in Athens, Alabama. The mud is made of clay around here. I also grew up in eastern Arkansas on the Mississippi River so I am familiar with that type of mud. We call it "Gumbo". I have used my bikes in both areas and have not had that particular problem. I do clean the mud from mine after each trip.

The purpose of my response was not to "call your bluff" nor embarrass you. I simply need to know for sure if this is true and I knew of no other way to ask you this and get an answer that would reveal those names to everyone on this forum. If it is true that the Grizzly is a piece of junk and that one dealership is replacing on motor a week, I can only assume that most all Yamaha dealers are doing the same.Surely you understand why I want want to be certain this is true before I trade mine in because of it. You have to admit, there is an awful lot of people saying a lot of B.S. on this forum.

Old 12-11-1999, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

B.S.???On this forum???? NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.......

------------------
Kevin Gowdy aka Kagey 1999 Polaris Magnum 500

Old 12-12-1999, 04:17 AM
Pro Rider

Yam8 if you are giving the polaris guys a hard time don't make me laugh...when I was buying a new quad every yamaha dealer I went to would even admit to the heat of the grizz not to mention the numerous posting of people on here who own the grizz reporting stories of it getting hot and not running. As far as the gentleman who was worried about the trouble I would say worry cause I read the post of the gentleman who had the trouble with his 98 heating along with the front bearings rusting out not to mention another great design of yamaha the tumble wolf. As sometimes have been the issue of reliability of polaris they are great at climbing and handling on the trail something your yammer lacks and I am no polaris owner just ask these guys but don't start trouble unless someone ask for kind of sh#tty of you I think. And far as ranger you never got the point that was trying to be made your atv is not stock so why do you want to race something stock go out there and pick a fight with another home made. I mean how hard is it to understand what is the big deal of putting a bigger motor on an atv and wanting to race a stock and don't give me that bulls&^t about how you got all this expertise about building it. I have fooled with hotrods for 20 years and I doubt there is anything you could tell me about putting an engine in something and done the right way does not look like junk, so get a life and go pick on something not stock leave stockers to race with stockers.

------------------

Old 12-12-1999, 05:33 AM
Pro Rider

Ranger,
Hear me out. You post about taking on all challengers, then a guy says (maybe jokingly) that his Scrambler 500 would take you & you run him & his quad into the ground. If your quad is so great that a 500cc quad is not even worth your time what are you doing here? You should be out racing CBR's & such. Also, I didn't imply a Polaris sled motor was better than a Honda bike motor. I'm only saying it's a much more powerful motor. My point is I could stuff a different bigger motor into my quad but I'd be ashamed of myself for issuing challenges (especially to stock machines) then making fun of some one when he bites on it. I raced big block Chevy's & 350 S-10s with my little 5.0, but I never stooped so low as to make fun of someone who merely asked for a race.
Sure you may think your quad is fast but you're not proving it by running that guy down on the computer.
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 12-12-1999, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

I'm just not sure you are on the same forum that i've been reading... Where is it that you're seeing B.S.???... I have NEVER heard such a thing on here... And, aren't ALL women on the internet 5'4" with natural 34DD's, blonde, and available??? hahahaha....
Like I said, I wouldn't wish the problems I had on ANYBODY... And, Yes, from what I've been told, the older (98's) are starting to show their age..(i.e. engines going away.) Whether the 2000's are different remains to be seen. Maybe Yamaha changed something on them. One other reason that I said Yamaha sucked is their business practices when it comes to warranty work. On the Big Bear, after the third time into the engine, I was out riding it one day on a clean/clear trail and suddenly there was oil spewing out the oil cooler. I towed it in, and cleaned it up and you could see where the burst spot in the cooler ruptured to the OUTSIDE! It was very clear that it ruptured, if something had hit it, it would have had a dent or scratch or the metal would be turned inward.
I had to be without a quad for a month while argueing with Yamaha customer service over that... Another thing, On the Big Bear, That head that was a bad casting.. YAMAHA KNEW ABOUT IT!!!... The memo sent to the dealership was that YES, they knew that there were some bad castings that made it out of the factory, but, They would not do a recall, just to replace them when they came in.. If it is under warranty at the time, Yamaha Warranty would have to cover it, otherwise, all repairs would be borne by the customer... Yeah, THERES CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR YA!!!...
So, when I say things about Yamaha, I'm NOT just talking B.S... I've BEEN there and DONE that....
I hope you enjoy your Grizzly.. As expensive as these toys are, It would be nice if none of them EVER broke.. When shopping for a dirtbike for my son, as much as I hated to, Yamaha never made the initial list.. My boy loves Jeremy McGrath and wanted a blue and white Yamaha... but I could NOT see giving them another 2500 dollars after the way the last two had went...

[This message has been edited by mudmachine (edited 12-12-1999).]

Old 12-14-1999, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

I wish you guys that want to argue would start a different topic line. You have muddied this topic all to H _ _ _.

ps: Yam8, go back to your own forum area and tell the rest of your friends how good the grizz is. rangerchet

Old 12-14-1999, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Rangerchet,
Take it easy fella, it's gonna be alright.

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 12-14-1999, 07:21 PM
scr
Trailblazer

Just to get back on the subject, me and my brother just got a scrambler 500 and a sportsman 500. However they are Christmas presents and we have ridden them only twice but am planning on putting mods on both of them when the warranty runs out. If anyone has any suggestions Go to the topic HELP!!SCRAMBLER 500 and let me know. Thanks.

Mark Gullatte

-00 Scrambler 500
-00 Sportsman 500
Mods soon too come....

Quick Reply: your ride?