Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Better hurry Polaris! Customers are flying out the door!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've been hearing rumors of a 700SP for a long time. Too long. If it ever does come out, it'll probably weigh a half a ton. I never really liked Polaris utility quads because of the weight issue, and the single break lever. I will be looking at a new Grizz soon.

Old 06-13-2001, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

<< its not fair to compair a HO to a brand new 660, its apples and oranges. >>

Apples to Oranges? How are they that different? They are both 4x4 autos that are targeted at the same type of people. They also cost the same. The only difference is that Yamaha put a bigger engine in theirs. In my opinion they are in the same class and it is very fair to compare them. Us Polaris fans may not like the results, but that's another story.

Also, if Polaris does release the SP700 I would imagine that it is going to be more expensive than the SP500 right (unless they totally drop the 500)? Those extra 40cc's better make a huge difference or else I think Polaris is going to be in trouble. Can't way to see what happens.

-Josh

Old 06-13-2001, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris really needs to release some info on there site and to dealers assuring is there is a bigger Sportsman on the way, and hopefully a new sport quad. Liike I say if I was looking for a new ATV it would be the Grizz, same price as a HO 500 retail anyway. I am not looking to change atvs for a year or two so by then I will probably have 850 triples to choose from LOL

Old 06-13-2001, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

All I can say when I look at the new 2002 Grizzly 660 is I have a 99 SP 500 for sell.
If Polaris does not come out with something better this month then they just lost my $7000 to Yamaha

Old 06-13-2001, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

People relax there is a 680cc twin coming out soon. This is a real quad just be patient. The only bad new is that Polaris did nothing about reducing weight! Still 697 pounds. Polaris really dropped the ball on this one.

So let me see 660 Grizz weight #600
680cc twin Sportsman #697

Will 20cc be enough to beat the new Grizz?

BTW there are many new features on the new Sportsman that you will have to wait and see. I promised not to tell. The only downside is the Sportsamn is still very heavy.

Old 06-13-2001, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys,
Thats just it, I want a quad now! I have been waiting years for this moment, I guess another month would be ok. Think the Grizz will be like the Raptor, as far as having to have a deposit on one, and wait in line? I would like to ride it before I buy it, you know? Also, compare them to this ellussive sportsman 680, With the lighter weight, I think the griz still might have the edge. I still think polaris Screwed themselves, all these new machines coming out, and they don't release anything... Oh well.

-Jared

Old 06-13-2001, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Odin,

You better tell your source at Polaris that they better release the new machine soon. If Polaris waits too long they wont have many customers to buy the sp700, they all will have bought the new griz.

Polaris must have done something to keep the weight the same. If they added more features and a bigger motor they must have &quot;subtracted&quot; weight from somewhere.

Why cant u tell us about all the new features it will have?? Its not like u work for polaris. I think most of the guys here would like to know more about it.

later
jon

Old 06-14-2001, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

What if I told you they where gearing up for a 500 unit production right now? And the top speed on the new Sportsman is 72 MPH ? Are you still going to wait?

BTW no fuel injection.

Here is another nugget for you to keep you awake at night with cold sweats. Since the engine is coming from the new 4 stroke snomobile engine line there might be kit to enlarge the cc's to 780cc's ( 800cc atv engines are legal here in minnesota ). Now do I have your attention?

Good, now wait like everybody else.

Old 06-14-2001, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

Odin,

Im sure u are joking about the 72mph thing,That might be a little &quot;too fast&quot;.
I was sure they were going to uses the same engine that the new &quot;frontier&quot; sled has. It has a Bosch EFI unit.

Why dident they put the EFI in the sp700?? i would think it would be a good selling point.

I really dont care about the weight of the machine, as long as it performs.

Old 06-14-2001, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

Fuel injection may not be the best choice

Quick Reply: Better hurry Polaris! Customers are flying out the door!