Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Better hurry Polaris! Customers are flying out the door!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odin please keep us up to date on the sportsman 700. I cant wait to see how performs against a prarir and grizz 660. I cant wait any longer!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL. Thanks for the info

Old 06-14-2001, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

I am not going to say another word until I here from my contact person. If and when I do I will start a whole new thread with all the information that I currently know.

A word on the new Yamaha. If this model was out right now I'm sure they would be testing it right along side the new Sportsman and Kawasaki. Guys remember the Sportsman is Polaris's best selling model do you really think they would let somebody beat them after 6 years of being The King? NOT!

I will say this on paper that new Grizzly sure looks tuff.

Old 06-14-2001, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Ledebuhr1

<<you must have VERY good contacts with the roseau plant to know that they bought a kawie650.>>

Just basic R&D they all do it.

All winter long they have riders that do nothing but miles on snowmobiles, their own and others; day after day trying to make them break. I am sure they do the same thing with ATV's and PWC's

Standard operating procedure for all manufacturers. When I went to the GM Milford proving grounds a couple of years ago they had in excess of 158 competitive products on hand. And those were just the ones which they had not dismantled yet.

Now, what is going on at the secret test facility over by Coon Rapids, MN on the test track next to the golf course??????? That is the question.

Old 06-14-2001, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Odin,

was Polaris surprised by what they saw in the new griz?? did they go back to the "drawing board" and make some changes to the sp700???

Thor,

Your right, Polaris getting a kawie650 and testing is normal. I said he must have Very good contacts because how eles would he know about it. It not like polaris puts this stuff on there website.

Thor, maybee u could go over to Odis house and get the "inside dirt" on the SP700. then u can tell us all about it. It looks like u guys live very close to each other.

later
jon

Old 06-15-2001, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

Arlan,
Could you please detail the hoops you mention jumping through to get your 500 street legal in California? It would be a big help!!
Outlawd

Old 06-15-2001, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

<< . What I will miss is the street legal plates on my polaris but I guess I can jump throught the hoops again and street legal the Grizzly. >>

Arlan could you please detail the hoops you mention getting your 500 street legal in California?? Thanks!!
Outlwad

Old 06-15-2001, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

Actually it wasn't that bad. I had to put mirrors, horn, turn signals, backup light, license plate holder with light. I had to sign a certificate that it complied with CHP form 885 ( I believe that was the form number it could have been CHP form 888) in either case it is the one that has to do with the automobile requirements. I also bought a set of DOT approved wheels and tires for it that I have never used and I had to go to a smog referee to get and exempt certificate. I guess that was about it. I do not use it on the California streets thought. I mainly got the license plate to ride the USFS roads where they require street legal vehicles only and to ride into town in Quartzsite AZ. Good luck if you decide to do it. DMV was very easy to deal with.

Old 06-15-2001, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

Hey guys!
I have the very first deposit on a Grizz at my dealer. What a sweet maching it sounds like! I might WEIGHT (no pun intented) for the Polaris. But, I just don't know! 2 weeks! can't wait to get some ride time!

-Jared

Old 06-15-2001, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

I looked at all the pictures of the new Griz: Sure looks nice. Pretty I might say. They did not have any up close pictures of the IRS. Must be top secret. I just bought a 2001 Sportsman HO last March. With all these new machines coming out, I wish I would have waited. I will be at the Yamaha dealer the first week of July to check out the new Griz.
BTW&lt; Odin DOES have the connections.
jigginjack
2001 Polaris Sportsman HO
To heavy for Wisconsin trails
Charter member of The &quot;HO&quot; Train

Old 06-15-2001, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer

Thor, you are correct, GM does have competitors vehicles on hand, and they do everything from run em to tear em down to every last nut and bolt to see how they are manufactured, they even bring competitors products into the assembly plants to show the people that put the things together what the competition has.