Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The 700 Twin X-File

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya odin thats almost believable,I suppose if you leave your polaris on the trailer you probably never do have break downs. You should just let the mags use your polaris for the shootout, then maybe it wouldn't have broke down like the HO did.

Old 06-19-2001, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its not really difficult to figure out why the OTHER guys dont have problems with their ATVs?They usually sit by the trail side and WATCH me go thru the Mud.Its tough to break something on your ATV just watching!
Bill

Old 06-19-2001, 08:00 PM
Range Rover

That's Funny Grizz but it's to show how superior the Sportsman is to all the other Quads. It CAN Breakdown while doing the shootout and still WIN!!! Now I like Polaris but will not bash other quads in there forum, I can even admit when someone has a better machine. But don't sit here and keep repeating yourself about the sportsman breaking down. And can you really HONESTLY say the if polaris never had made Quads ever. I mean they have never made quads No sportsman no scrambler no nothing, That the new Grizz(very nice machine by the way)Would be what is is today??? Now I want you to reply to this 99Grizz. And I want you to be Honest. Floorboards, Auto, Belt drive, True 4WD, 2WD option, Liquid cool(The only real draw back to your 99 Grizzley) Camo colors,Disc brakes,IRS, Now be Honest and really think about it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2001, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

Odin is there anything new on the 700 sportsman like when its going to be out i hope its soon around the time of the grizz 660 or new suzuki will it be out befor fall. Thanks for the info

Old 06-19-2001, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

99griz, I've got 1400 miles on my Xplorer400, and the only time the linkage got out of alignment, it took me a whopping 5 minutes to fix it. WOW!
Overheating?
See that thing in the front of the ATV, the big thing with the metal fins, behind the front grille. It's called a radiator. Radiators don't do much good if they're caked with mud. You occasionally have to CLEAN IT OUT! (fancy that...)

As for 4WD engagement, I never seem to have a problem with it engaging when I need it. Flip the switch and as soon as the rear tires slip, the front tires bite. Often times having a full battery, and maintaining the right hub fluid level will keep it engaging and disengaging properly.
It's called maintenance! It helps, really.

Old 06-19-2001, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, we should know soon, The Dealers should get some demo's in Mid to Late July!!

Old 06-19-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

<< Well, we should know soon, The Dealers should get some demo's in Mid to Late July!! >>

That is great news! If it is true. Not calling you a liar, but where did you get that info?

Old 06-19-2001, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Jecarr,

I finally do believe it's true. My dealer told me last week that his Rep said July or August. Although, this is the same dealer that didn't know squat when we were discussing this 5 or 6 month's ago. Hey, he rides a PWC, what can I say.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 06-19-2001, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep, I have a bro in-law what sells them. But , you know how that goes. It may be oct. before we see one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2001, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Whats this gen.5 look like? two ore three lights?
new colors? bigger looking.

Quick Reply: The 700 Twin X-File