Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The 700 Twin X-File

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 02:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as these Polaris - bad reliability things go, I don't see why people can't see why everybody says that. Just look at the topics in this forum. Scroll down, and you will see a ton of topics that are associated with something broken on a Polaris model. Its pretty easy for somebody to see all that and associate polaris with breaking down.

Same goes for the Raptor too though. There are a lot of topics over there talking about them breaking. Sure its there, but who cares. As far as competing models go, its good that they are making new and better quads. There will always be a pissing contest for who has the best. The Sportsman has been on top for 5 years now. The 500 model will be bumped from the hill this year, but if Polaris puts out a new model, thats only going to create interest in this thing. Thats what makes it fun though. Same old Chevy-Ford-Dodge stuff, only with quads. Hell, you have to have something to talk about besides the weather I guess.

Old 06-20-2001, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Grizz,

Your funny, I already have 2,900 miles on my HO in 10 months.

Do you even ride?

The pain and suffering of owning a Grizzly must just be unberable.

Old 06-20-2001, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

Andy,

What old Ford-Chevy-Dodge thing? Everyone here knows FORD is the best!(LMMFAO)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2001, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

<< Andy,

What old Ford-Chevy-Dodge thing? Everyone here knows FORD is the best!(LMMFAO)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
>>

HEHE, not laughing. Don't even get started with the piston slapping, door cracking, crash test failing, tire failing, Ford thing. Wonder why Ford has dropped behind GM in sales, hmmmmmmm, I'm not sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2001, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

I hear alot about how other companies are always trying to catch up to polaris and I think the raptor did it. The raptor has had the type of **** poor dependability,that most people have come to enjoy only with polaris. Odin I keep telling you,that you should have turned over that bulletproof HO you have. Then the magazines could have done their shootout,without fixing the HO they had.

Old 06-20-2001, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why does this '99Griz' guy spend so much time on the polaris forum? i looked at the posts in the Yamaha section and he has not ONE post there!
SOUNDS LIKE POLARIS ENVY TO ME!

ANYWAYS,
i've been brand loyal since '95 and have NO problems with my polaris products. i bought the tow behind 44&quot; polaris brush cutter recently and use it to chop down 2 feet of matted hay and small trees. it does a great job! it seems strange to be using my quad like a tractor!

i can't wait 'till that 700 comes-out! i'll be the first one in my state to own one!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Old 06-20-2001, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

I just talked to my dealer tonight. Fall release on the 700 twin.

BTW I called the midwest largest Yamaha dealer today to ask when the Grizzly 660 will be on sale and he said August, September. Now I know this does not compute with what everybody is saying but this is what I have found out here in the midwest.

BTW 650 Kawasaki is selling for 6,450 dollars here plus tax not a bad deal.

Old 06-21-2001, 05:48 AM
Pro Rider

Odin, if you look at the Yamaha forum, there's some dealers that already have the Grizzly 660's in. Maybe your dealer was referring to the silver metallic ones?

Old 06-21-2001, 07:38 AM
Range Rover

Andy,

Although I do own a Ford, I'm pretty much brand neutral when it comes to buying trucks. I personally don't care what brand it is as long as it's full sized and American made. Nothing was meant by my remark about Fords.

I just love it when the NASCAR people at work start something. I just chime in on the opposite side just to get them worked up. Or better yet I always ask them &quot; If it's called stock car racing, what's stock on the cars?&quot; that usually shuts them up.

No hard feelings, O.K.?

Old 06-21-2001, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Odin,

is this dealer that u talked to accurate?? most dealers i know have no clue when the sp700 is coming.

if Polaris waits untill fall, i think that will be to late. The griz660, kawie650, and Quest650 are already out and im sure will be taking some sales away from the HO.
By fall everyone will have there new &quot;big bore&quot;, and know one will want to buy one.

later
jon

Quick Reply: The 700 Twin X-File