Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The 700 Twin X-File

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2000Mojave,

Ford is a very environmentally friendly company. Can any of you out there name any other car maker who's cars can recycle themselves while you're driving them? I thought not. I've heard that Ford has completely redesigned the Explorer for 2002. It's so complete a redesign that they are now naming it the EXPLODER!

Old 06-26-2001, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am a Chevy guy myself. Thats all I've ever owned. But, I don't know that I've ever seen where GM has outsold Ford. Last I heard, Ford trucks outsold both Chevy and GMC combined by a pretty good margin. My take is that you see a lot more XL model fords being sold as work trucks and such with construction companies, where as you see more decked out Chevy's and GMC's than you do GM base models.

I always hear about how much cheaper Fords are as well, but if you put the same equipment on both trucks, they normally are priced about the same.

As far as sales go, there are more SP500's sold than Grizzlies.

Old 06-26-2001, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

I have seen the new 700. I don't remeber where but the one I seen was yellow. They changed the front end to a more aerodynamic look with the lower headlights being aerodynamic also. I can't wait until I get to see it up close!!! I really wish I could remember WHERE I seen it. Later.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2001, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Griz:
I have ridden MOST of those 15,000 miles with Odin and we usually have a group of at least Five Sportsman 500's. In all those miles we only had one breakdown. One of our riders went in to far into a lake so we had to drain the water out. Get off your high horse and quit bashing Polaris.
Every one has there preference. If you dont like Polaris, great, buy something else and come back to this thread and tell us how much you hate that product. I buy a new machine every two years. Three to four thousand miles every year. I am on my FIFTH Polaris and I have not yet had ONE problem. If you dont take care of your machines, (which it sounds like you dont) you are going to have problems. Most machines out there are GOOD machines. Some out perform others, some ride better!
As far as Odin feeding us a line, believe what you want. Your words of wisdom on these threads will eventually come back and show everyone here how little you really know!
jigginjack
2001 Polaris HO
to heavy for wisconsin
charter member of The "HO" train

Old 06-27-2001, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

WOOOOO AMY,

You saw the new sp700 and cant remember where???? Your in Pennsylvina, and Polaris is in Minnasota, Hummmmm.

Are u sure u saw the sp700??? if u did i would like more info.

i know if i saw it i would sure remember where.

later
jon

Old 06-27-2001, 08:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

HI GUYS,
i just added another polaris to my collection! i bought a SILVER '01 sportsman 500 from a friend that wanted-out of his high payment!
he will drop-off the machine today, and i will beat the hell out of it this weekend! I CAN'T WAIT!!
(i always wanted a silver one!)

have a GREAT DAY and POLARIS IS #1 !

Old 06-27-2001, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer

99 Griz, what's the point in all this senseless Polaris bashing. Where do you live? because I am sure there are 100s of proud Polaris owners in these forums that would be happy to show you just how capable a Sportsman is compared to your grizzly. A Polaris requires maintenance with the grease zerks and such. If maintained it is JUST as reliable is your grizz, and much more capable all the process. I ride with a grizz all the time. Don't come in here and talk crap about HOs unless you have something better, which EVEN YOUR MAGAZINES said the HO beat it everytime, so don't bring up magazines unless you own a Rubicon and want to talk that it actually beat the HO in one test. The problems that the magazine had were Unbelievably rare problems, even with Polaris's. The chances of them ever happening to any of us is slim to none.
Well, I am done raving now, so back to the topic.

Old 06-27-2001, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

mtpockets:
I envy you! I was looking for the silver HO before I bought my red HO> I was dreaming of the diamond box front and rear box with the 2000 warne winch. Congratulations on a FINE purchase. Enjoy!
jigginjack
2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
charter member of The "HO" Train

Old 06-27-2001, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jigginjack,
one of my friends have a '00 sportsman 500-green. he bought a silver polaris fender kit and it took about a day to install it! drilling-out all the black fender extender rivots was the biggest pain! but the rest of the installation went well.
he also ordered the silver diamond plate decals that say 500 H.O.(the decals that are found on the yellow sp's) It looks just like the real thing. he loves showing off his "new silver H.O.!" LOL

SEE-YA IN THE MUD!

MT

Old 06-29-2001, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

On page 54 of the August Dirt Wheels mag. they mention a 600lb weight limit on ATVs in many riding areas. This info is in the wright up on the new Grizzly 660. I dont know any details on this weight limit but, I hope Polaris will take this into consideration.

Quick Reply: The 700 Twin X-File