Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Powdercoating?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I find a place to send my ATV frame to so I can get it powdercoated? What is the best way to get it powdercoated?

Thanks

Old 07-03-2001, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my frame on my atc 250r powdercoated. First of all you will need to completely take your bike apart. Every bearing and bearing race needs to be taken out. You will also have to take out every bolt and nut. Take the frame and the parts you want to have painted to be bead blasted. Bead blasting works better on aluminum than sand blasting because it is much finer and smoother. It cost me 60 bucks to have my frame, swingarm, motor bracket, pegs, shifter, kickstarter, and a few other pieces to get bead blasted. Just look in your phone book and there are lots of places that do it. Next as soon as you get it bead blasted, take it and have it powdercoated. There are many colors to choose from so make sure you know what you want before you get it done. It cost me 130 bucks to get everything done. It looks awesome. Not an imprefection anywhere. It's much better than the stock paint on your frame. Just make sure you have them plug all the holes in the frame because it will be hard to get the bolts back in again. You should call around to get the best prices. Most places will have to see it before they will give you an estimate. Also most places that do powdercoating will also do beadblasting. You will get a better deal that way and probably get it done in less time. Right now lots of places are backed up because everyone is working on their restoration projects for the summer. I had to wait about 3 weeks before i got my frame back. It was well worth the wait. Let me know if you have any more questions.