Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hey ulfg95 are you a polaris mecanic?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 01:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are is it a good job i was thinking about beacuming one were my dad works did you go to college should iand is a a stresfull job?

Old 07-04-2001, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I'm the parts dept. manager at a shop. I do know that myself and the mechanic love our jobs. It can be stressful but not usually. It gets stressful when certain things happen like when an intermitent problem occurs and you can't pin point it. And to a good mechanic that will drive them nuts. I know our mechanic puts 110% behind his work and is very proud of his work. He has been with use for over 2 years and has only one motor come back and it wasn't even 100% his fault. Someone failed to tell him the motor had been apart before and a cagless bearing needle was in the case. You don't need to go to school but it definitely helps. If you get hired at a decent shop you will always be going to schools for updates and for new machines coming out. Our mechanic is in Polaris's contest to see where he ranks in the nation. I believe he will do well. As far as parts that's a good job too. I really like it. It is stressful a little more often especially when a part is backordered and the customer needs it to get his machine running for the next weekend. If I were you I would go to a tech school for those type of engines then visit shops to see what they are like as far as customer service and make sure they care about the work they put out. You get the job with the right dealer and I wouldn't trade it for the world.