Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's no wonder Polaris suck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You buy the type of machine based on what you intend to use it for. Take a 2 stroke machine deer hunting and the only things you'll see all day are birds and squirrels. You want a jumper? Buy a 400EX.

How many of you guys financed your machines? I paid $7000 CASH for mine. Counting out 70 $100 bills almost made me cry. IMHO, shelling out cash gives you a tendency to take REAL GOOD CARE of your machine (by simply remembering all those Ben Franklins). If I had financed it, that may be a different story.

Old 07-05-2001, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

<< How many of you guys financed your machines? I paid $7000 CASH for mine. Counting out 70 $100 bills almost made me cry. IMHO, shelling out cash gives you a tendency to take REAL GOOD CARE of your machine (by simply remembering all those Ben Franklins). If I had financed it, that may be a different story. >>

I have to agree totally with ya...I paid cash for my &quot;00 SP 500 and &quot;00 Xplorer 250 last July. Nothing like counting out over $10,000.00 to make you think twice about jumping that hill or beating the machine...lol. I worked hard for that money and I plan to get it's worth out of those machines for years to come.
BTW...Only problem I've experienced in the past year was a bent A-arm on the Xplorer. (The stump won out..hehehe)

Old 07-05-2001, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Something needs to be said to polaris about all these lemons.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I've had good luck with mine though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 07-05-2001, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

I will start by saying that I love Polaris wheelers, if not for the SP500 there would be no rubicon, grizzly (600 or 660), prairy 650 or suzuki ..........(do they even make a competative wheeler).
I do not on the other hand like the practices of the company nor do their American dealers. At my dealer in the states a SP500 sells for 6400$ My friend and I drove 15mls away in canada where he purchased a 2001 SP500 for 5400$.Why do they insist on staving thier american dealers like this. A friend at the border says that he usually sees 2-3 bikes a day and 5-10 on saturday come into the us

Old 07-06-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

I MUDSTUD got the wheeler back today!! Well, lets just say i have mixed feelings.

They fixed the clutch, they fixed the braking noise. They had to replace the rotor that was bad from the start and the brake pads it destroyed. They also told me they replaced the ignition that failed IN THE SHOP! It never failed on be before. I drove it and when you hit the brakes not even hard the front right tire compleatly locks up. They wasted the front brakes testing the back! stoping so many times for testing!!! Now they are telling me they might not cover it! Even though it was discoverd DURING the warranty period. At the time they said the could not find it and would still warranty it!!! A$$ holes! They also fixed the shifting problems. Intotal they fixed the original problems THANK GOD! but i got it back with NEW problems!!!! I will never in my life own another!! I cant wait to sell this one! I am looking forward to my Raptor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It works for the stuff brought in but now i have to do more repairs!! I told the dealer that if they dont cover it I will fight it on principal alone! BTW I picked up the wheeler tonight after hours. They left the keys in it and told me to take it and deal with billing later! Yea right, I got the wheeler and did not pay a thing. I am going to try to keep it that way!!!!

So any one want to buy a nice 00 sportsman with low miles? Works great!!

Old 07-06-2001, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

hey mudstud, I live pretty close to you, where do you ride at? are there any places over by hudson? I usually just go over to Amery and that is pretty boring so i am always looking for new places to ride, i live in town so i cant ride in my yard.
I know this is off topic, but i am bored, i usually work second shift and go to sleep around 2 or 3 AM but we only worked monday and Tuesday this week

Old 07-06-2001, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Swen,
Email me at gvogt@muddivers.com I can hook you up. Amery sucks!!!

Old 07-06-2001, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

If you thought the Sportsman gave you trouble, wait till you get your Craptor.

Old 07-06-2001, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Well like everyone hates Polaris bashing, i've never heard of so many horror stories at one time. I thought for awhile the problems my buddies had that people would think I was BSing because i've had not one problem with my 2000 Grizz, and I have friends with ohter yam's and Honda's that have had nothing either. But yes they all will break over time somehow but not like this.
Hey Bill I see your finally telling the truth, you get upset about me bashing your polaris's but I get aggravated when I see people spend good money on something that is JUNK. They look great but are not tough in any means and you said it yourself. Look at all those problems you've had. Ya yamaha has had some lemons too but come on think about it, ride is not everything or is it to you. Give me an Polaris and i'll beat the bitch like I beat my grizz and I bet you i'm getting towed home.
Now that we are getting lockers and true wheel drive machine's everywhere, people will start realizing what is tough. I've never seen a Polaris with more than 2000 miles, I have one friend with a explorer who had it rebuilt at around 2000 miles, now he's at 3500 but with a new engine.
I've seen Honda's with 5000 miles with new tires on them, that's it, i've seen a traxter with 7000 miles, the guy lived on it, and others with this kind of mileage too. One guy I know with a 98 Grizz has 7500 miles and it still on the same belt, and he snow plows with it.
2000 Grizz
3500km's and not a hickup.

Old 07-06-2001, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

yam8 my 2000 has 2300 miles everyone I ride with has 2000-5000 miles on there trouble free machines, you have no idea what you are talking about, there are tons of Polaris machines with way over 2000 miles on them. there is one on town a 1996 300 Xpress with 15000 miles yes 15 thousand. and he has replaced tires, the chain and sprockets and brake pads.

Quick Reply: It's no wonder Polaris suck!