Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's no wonder Polaris suck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont want to start a b!ch match here. Just vent!!!
My 00 sp500 has sucked since day 1
First: It would only go 40mph MAX, they FINALY looked at it and changed a defective airbox and put different jets in it.
Second: It would not go into 4X4 when using reverse. They had to replace a sensor
Third: It would NOT shift. They had to put in a new shifting box in front.
Forth: It would makes a claking sound, they say its normal!
Fith: When it brakes it makes a chain grinding sound. They said they could NOT find the issues but would warranty it.
Sixth: I cant handel it so I brought it back now out of warranty. They found the clanking sound, it was a miss shaped rear brake rotor. It was not skinni and fat on different areas making the brake only hit parts of the rotor. When it does it shutters and jerks the tranny! Guess what, they are not covering it now and say I need pads!!! B.S. only the 1 pad on the rear is shot, the side that the rotor is uneven. They say NOW they WONT cover it! GOD THAT PI$$ES me off! I have ridden quads since I was small, I am an experianced rider, I decided 500 miles ago to buy a Polaris! big mistake! I look at the polaris forum and its only complaints and the stuff breaks! IT BREAKS AND ITS NOT FROM BEATING ON IT!! I under stand when you beat on something it will break. I only had it a few months and babyed it!
I am going back to Yamaha, I have one orderd and it will be here in Oct. I just cant wait to get rid of this 720lb piece of junk! Of the 9 months I owened it, its been in the shop for 3!!!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2001, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I feel for you,even my 00 Sportsman was a POS.I sold it and bought the 01 Xplorer 400cc 4x4.And thank God I bought the extended warrenty,because I've had a good share of problems with it as well.Its in the shop now getting three shaft splines replaced,three new brake disks and swing arm bushings replaced.In the past,I have had 2 new sets of sprockets/chains,three sets of new tie rods,three steering stems,one new driveshaft,hub seals,one new concentric drive unit,and one new EBS primary clutch in 1600 miles.I dont baby this 4x4 and I really dont expect all these worn parts so quickly,but thats the way it is,if you play,you pay!Im GLAD I have the extended warrenty and HIGHLY recommend anyone else with a 4x4 ATV that rides hard to do the same,

Bill

Old 07-04-2001, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

Chain grinding sound? You should sell it, there is no reason to own something that is not enjoyable to you. Hope you have better luck with another brand. My 2000 SP has been bulletproof, 2300 miles of pure reliable hard core fun. Something I cannot say for the other brands I have owned. The others did not even come close to holding up on the trails I ride and the way I ride. Some people have terrible luck with Polaris some do not, some do with Yamaha & Honda (Me) some do not and the same down the line.

Old 07-04-2001, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like you bought a lemon! Check in to see if the Great State of Wisconsin has a lemon law. Force the dealer to take it back!
Good Luck!
jigginjack
2001 Polaris Sportsman HO

Old 07-04-2001, 11:58 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Bill

That really is too many probplems for a 2001! I would have a 2001 Xplorer now if it was not for a temporary financial set back. I love my current Polaris but fear the problems you have listed. I have seen only the good side of Polaris (except for a guy with a 2000 Sportsman - belt problems) with the folks I ride with. I hope I have better luck with the 400 I plan to buy.

Remember today we celebrate the 4th of July. Patriotism is a good thing and teach your kids the importance. I flew helicopters for 9 years for the US Army and I am very proud of our country and it's freedoms! I work for an airline and have traveled all over the world. Let me tell you we live in the best country on this earth! God bless our freedoms and God Bless America!

Old 07-04-2001, 12:09 PM
wyd
Range Rover

My Sportsman 400 has been nothing but great. Never have any problems with it or does any of the 10 other guys that ride Polaris with me. I guess you get a good one or you don't. I have heard many complaints when I raced r/c cars that certain products suck. 90% of the time I would meet that person and after that I knew why they had problems. They just didn't take care of stuff. Of coarse everyone will also say there are not like that but withoureally seeing the person and the machine I guess we will never really know.

Some get bad machines and if you check other threads it is happening to all brands. Just seems people just don't care for Polaris as much so if they have any problems they vent. Many just don't like the fact that Polaris is moving up on the atv sales chart is growing fast. Many Honda and Yamaha owners don't like that.

I guess I just get tired of seeing people complain about them. It is really simple, you don't like them then buy something else.

Old 07-04-2001, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Wyd same with the people I ride with several Polaris models and we never suffer any of the troubles that I read about on here, as a matter of fact up here people equate Polaris with reliablilty. I too know a few people who say they take good care and really don't. Everyone has an opnion on what is hard and what is not when it comes to riding there machines. Some people beat there machines so hard compared to the way I drive, and claim to baby it. I think there is a line between riding hard and completely beating the hell out of something. Some people cross it while others don't. I feel bad for people who get a lemon no matter what brand and I have seen every brand produce a royal peace of crap. I was the unlucky one to recieve a couple myself. Basically my advice is it get rid of it, buy another brand. That is what I did and have never been happier.

Old 07-04-2001, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the CIVIL comments!!!
I am trying to rid myself of the sportsman. I do have a 2002 Raptor on order. I cant wait to make the switch...

Old 07-04-2001, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

So going back to Yamaha uh, glad I didn't sell mine. I use it for a backup, and ride it more then I do my 400 Sport, if you know what I mean.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2001, 04:43 PM
Range Rover

Every time a see a post like this some dumb a** says looks like you got a lemon. Well thats bull sh**!!!!!!! I have owended two Yamaha timber wolfs had them for five years no trouble at all. The only thing i did was change oil a put gas in it. I sold them and got two POLARIS Xpedtion 425.
that was a bad mistake. I have a long list of parts i have replaced on my Xpedtion 425 4x4. I even had to have a new engine put in it. Yea i would expect a new engine from a guad that hasent had an oil change or didnt have any oil. But i change and check oil all of the time. And the piece of sh** locked up on me!!!!!!!!!!

POLARIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: It's no wonder Polaris suck!