Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try adjusting your shift linkage, the backfire sounds like your buddy needs to adj. his throttle(e.t.c.)

Old 07-05-2001, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

sportscamo500,most if not all the problems listed about your 2001 h/o are probably from not being set up right,which means dealer issues..theres alot of people who claim to be dealers but the only thing they know is how to sell,forget about repairs and service,thats a joke..who knows if they had set the idle right it may never have had a grind when you shift it,and it wouldnt creep at an idle(simple easy fix)..as for it smoking,dont be surprised if the dealer mechanic(or kid out of school for the summer)forgot to add oil and ran the motor and wiped out the rings ??? you never know..it took me 2 quads and 3 dealers to be satisfied,my first quad,a magnum 325 was fine but too slow for me..something else,out of curiousity have you even called polaris???? i think if you had you would have gotten better response,trust me it worked for me..i know there are good dealerships but most(all brands)are only good at selling..you have a warranty use it,call polaris tell them what is going on,they will respond,like i said it worked for me and i cant say anything bad about 4 polaris that i personally know of,yes all 2000 models but they have gone thru hell,i am tough on my expedition and the only thing i have done is maintenance and 1 set of brakes,3/4`s of my riding is in mud and water,thats it out of 4 quads for repairs..i even sank my old magnum twice and never needed a belt so get on that phone to polaris,tell them your horror story and tell them that you would like the rep to go to that dealership and check up on what the story is on your quad..they want to know about these problems with their dealerships if they exist..good luck

Old 07-05-2001, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

Enough can't be said about dealer prep. If a dealer sells all brands, then you may have a certified Honda tech working on YOUR POLARIS. I went to this joint called Polaris America that's 40 miles from my house for that very reason. There is a Honda dealer about 5 MINUTES from my house that also sells Polaris. A guy that works for my brother used to work there. He said IN THAT SHOP, newbies are put in the shop for prep work and warranty repairs until they gain their certifications and experience...

Old 07-05-2001, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer

I coul'nt stand it and took my sportsman back today.The supervisor said the idle was way too high.Then he adjusted it down and played with the adjustments on the air/fuel mixture.But he said the oil looks funny,AND IT MAY NOT BE ENGINE OIL AT ALL!Man am I off the hook.I asked him to drain it and give me a little sample to cover myself.That means the dealer may have put in gear oil or something else alltogether.Oh well I got a call into the owner to give me FULL credit on that one towards a new machine.I will not accept that one back,there is no telling what else they did or did not do.He also said the clutch may be defective,and need replacement.Whatever I decide to do I will watch them uncrate it prep it test it top to bottom.Oh yeah they said that they are certified to work on all polaris machines,they sell yami's,honda's,kawi's also.Be careful when buying a bike some crackhead prepped mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2001, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

May not even be engine oil! holy crap. Polaris should be informed big time of that. Wow it is almost beyond words if they really put gear oil in the motor.

Old 07-05-2001, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer

YEP,It sounds like it is something other than engine oil.Somebody is in trouble there.I wonder why they dont ship them with the oil already in,oh well I feel better now.The supervisor I think was thinking out loud when he said "that looks like gear oil" OOPS I think he slipped a little bit,he was embarresed.Maybe he prepped it?

Old 07-05-2001, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I could'nt agree with you more, I love my polaris and have no complaints, do the regular maintenance and they'll run forever (well almost, hehe).

Notice the ones who bash polaris don't own one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 07-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

sportsmancamo500,im glad to hear your getting some results.. they dont ship with oil due to liability and more paperwork for the trucking co.`s d.o.t. regulations,besides the dealer has to do something so they can charge that outrageous price for set up.. i would still call polaris and let them know what is going on..dont take it back with a rebuilt engine,if there willing to replace the whole motor and clutch because of possible problems with that then maybe that would work..if the owner doesnt think so ask him what does he think polaris would think of this shoddy workmanship..i wouldnt be going back to that dealership if it was the last one..keep the calling polaris in your mind until you hear from the owner of the dealership as to what he plans to do..dont take it back with a rebuilt engine,if they were willing to replace the whole motor and clutch because of possible problems with that then maybe that would work..good luck and let us know how you make out