Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

quad bashing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001 | 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

After visiting these forums regulary for almost 3 years now you learn to take it all with a grain of salt. Then get to know some of the better Polaris engine builders personally. Now, after practically doubling the HP output of my 400 I let my ATV speak for itself.

Old 07-10-2001 | 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

JOSH!!!!!
WHERE DO YOU GET OFF TALKING ABOUT SOME AMERICAN PEICE OF CRAP CHEVELLE?
WE ALL KNOW THAT THE CRX'S WITH THE LOUD AIRBOX AND RATTLETRAP BIG MUFFLER WOULD KILL IT....
no really,
kids with jap cars are funny,
american muscle all the way....
you must have a chevelle,
because only owners talk about them.
i to am the proud owner of a
1972 chevelle SS 454 big block w/caul induction,
fast mother.
stupid jap cars...
anyway,
do you got a chevelle?
they are sweeet
we gotta talk

p.s.
about the mustangs,
what a load of crap they are, especily the 1980-94 ones,
lol,
what junk
its just a name

Old 07-10-2001 | 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Dan,

LOL, nope I don't have a Chevelle, but I was trying to think up an example of something that's got a lot of Power, but not the best handling thing in the world (like a Polaris). The Chevelle just popped into my mind.

I actually own a Second Gen Taurus SHO (with the Stupid Jap Motor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), an IROC with Nitrous and a 2000 Grand Am Ram Air for when I feel like driving something slow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (man I need a truck). I could deffinatly deal with a Chevelle though. A good friend of mine has an unrestored one, it doesn't look the best (bondo colored), but that thing flies.

Now before I get accused of once again being off topic, I will now say that I think AZ400L has the best theory on how to handle all of this. I bet they shut up after you "let your quad speak for itself".

Take care,

-Josh

Old 07-10-2001 | 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Im new Here. And i to hate the Polaris bashing, But i dont even bother to post on it. Its useless. you are not going to change their mind anyway. Let them ride there bikes and get back to the stuff that acutally helps people on this form. if nobody would reply to them they might get bored and acutally quite posting that crap. Now me and my friends pick on each other bikes, but that is for fun i come here for info and fun with all the other polaris riders who know how good we got it. Trust me it is nice to post with polaris riders, im the only one in my group it gets rough for me at times. Hell when i went and got my sport i didnt want it, a sport bike with no clutch thats got to suck, but my wife had to have a Auto. Sometimes she is smarter then i think. I wouldnt go back now i ride some of my friends bikes at the dunes and around and sure they are fun and some faster but nothing like putting it in drive and just ridding. Let them say what they want we know what we like.

Old 07-10-2001 | 02:16 AM
Trailblazer

Hey kukerdan, I have a 71 SS 454 Chevelle that I am working on. Im putting a 502 and TH400 tranny in it and hope to have it running this summer. You can see a picture of it here 71 Chevelle SS 454 I also have a 70 Chevelle but im not sure what im going to do with that car and a 66 Chevelle that I've been working on slowly for the last 4 years. I had a 69 Chevelle that I used to street race but I sold that car last year. If you have any pictures of your 72 I'd like to see them.

Old 07-10-2001 | 02:28 AM
Range Rover

Boy, start comparing Polaris's to cars, and look what happens. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] By the way M249SAW, thats a sweeeet looking SS. Amarican muscle all the way. And that comes from a proud owner of a Chevy Camaro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2001 | 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Sporty4002x4

didnt you say you dont post about quad bashing? ...well...what the heck are you posting about then?

Old 07-11-2001 | 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I did a fair amount of posting over the winter months. It didnt take long to be frustrated over all of the bashing in ALL of the forums. If you go to the Yamaha or Honda forum you'll see the same thing. I ride with a pretty big group of people and the only brand of ATV that isnt in that group is a AC. There is allways some good times when someone gets stuck in the mud or cant climb the hill but 8 out of 10 times its the rider not the ATV. The only time I see a big disadvantage is when we are riding some serious mud and the sport riders are allways stuck,but thats ok we dont cast out the 400ex or the Raptor it's all good and we have fun. When we do get into a heated topic its allways about the trail that we cant ride anymore or the area that was closed to riding. I dont know if many of you checked out Jacks post on the new laws in Pa regarding ATVs but we all have something more to be concerned about than my quad is better than yours. I dont post as often anymore because of this. It makes me laugh at the serious bash posts because the person posting is obviously a idiot regardless of what quad their bashing. I allways think to myself the people really cutting up on others quads must be some runny nose brat that takes everything for granted and they are probably the same ones that is screwing up the riding by leaving their trash on the trail and giving the rest off us a bad rep. Do everyone on the forums a favor and the next time one of these "I know everything about everyones quad" cuts up your ride ignore them. Just my thoughts I hope someone is listening.

Old 07-11-2001 | 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

Scram, you KNOW the punks throwing trash at everyone always throw trash on the trails, too.

There's only a few good things that I've seen a warden do, and this was one of them. I was riding with a small group of people, 5 fourwheelers, I think, and there was one kid that my friends invited along riding a Foreman 450ES that I did not know. This kid was so full of himself, he never shut up about how much faster his quad was than mine, and everybody else I was riding with (two Ranchers and a Sportsman H.O.), but he REFUSED to drag race any of us (he was also the one that got stuck the worst when we came to a reeeeeeally big mud hole [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Anyway, we had stopped at a gas station to grab some sodas, and we all sat there and finished them, and either walked over to the trash barrel, or just put them in our storage compartments... Well he thought he'd be all cool, so he chucked it into the woods. We said to him "You know... you should pick that up..." but he just told us to shut up.
Well, about the time he threw it, a game warden was driving by... he had driven past the driveway, so he went and turned around, and yarded it back it and got the kid for littering. Everyone else enjoyed seeing it, as it certainly got him to shut up.

Needless to say, he doesn't come on our rides anymore...

Old 07-11-2001 | 04:10 PM
Trailblazer

People who bash seem to very angry people, especially the ones that seem like they want to jump through there monitors and attack you, for driving a Polaris. Some of them could use a good dose of therapy. On the trail we all kid, the 4x4 guys pick on the 2x4's buy offering them a tow through the mud holes. All kinds of good natured stuff. Why someone feels the need to outright slam someone for there personal choice of a product is insane. and makes me very glad I do not have to see these people out on the trail. Like my dad says "did you pay for it? did it cost you a thing? is it harming you in anyway? if no, then shut up!"

Quick Reply: quad bashing