Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PA riders, here's a suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen everybody! I have a suggestion. I typed a small letter to the DCNR and I am sending it in with the forms they recently sent me/us. I simply stated my displeasure in the new law, the cost of insurance-vs- the lack of riding opportunities etc... I know a lot of people probably think it will do no good, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna look back at this some day and say all I did was bitch and complain and not even try to do anything about it. Of course I did my best to keep it on a professional level, but my last sentance wrote was "I can only hope that the new law will be revised to meet more needs than just those of the environmentalist". I have been riding ATC's, ATV's, and dirtbikes for the last 18 years and If the new law isn't revised ASAP we will all be looking for a new sport to enjoy SOONER or later. Thanks

Old 08-23-2001, 12:01 AM
Range Rover

2000 Mojave,

I know where you're coming from. I've been looking into street bikes myself. Hell, if I have to pay for registration, and insurance I might as well have somewhere to ride. But then I came across a little known latin phrase. It goes some thing like this: "Non Illegitimus Carborundum Est." Basically it means "don't let the ba****ds wear you down". I think this is sound advise. I plan on giving it another couple of years before I sell mine. If things change, I'll stay. If they don't, Sayonara!

Here is something else to think about. The law was put in place to curb ATV use, this is plain from the language of it (their ultimate goal is to get rid of them altogether). The state wants to limit the amount of ATVs in Pa. By selling now, you are just playing into their hands. I hate to say this, but Tommy Ridge is a R.I.N.O., that is Republican In Name Only. Inside of him beats the bleeding heart of a liberal. I used to think the guy was o.k., but not anymore.

Old 08-23-2001, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

I plan on hanging in there for one simple reason. If any of you are PA snowmobilers you will know when the made liability insurance mandatory on snowmobiles alot of riding areas opened up. Alot of these areas were very light traveled dirt roads. So guys don't start throwing fits yet. Give them a little time. But believe me if that don't happen, I will be one of the first to stick my quad somewhere. And at 52" wide (with the spiders) and 700 lbs. I don't believe they will like that feeling.