Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler X knocking noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loose belts can make quite a knock. When I tried to trade mine in on a Kawi 650 one dealer told me he was not interested in the trade because he thought the knock was a bottom end bearing.
The next dealer knew right away that it was due to a loose belt and I was able to trade in. When I came back for the first service he let me listen to it after reshimming the belt to decrease deflection, WOW it was never as quiet.
Check your belt deflecton,even if the belt is new!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2001, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

It's a good thing I can still type with my foot in mouth. I can honestly say I've never heard of this 500 Scrambler X. I've only ever heard or seen the 400 Scrambler X. I never looked at the bottom of Tweeter's post to see that it said 2002 Scrambler X 500 until now. I just read that it was a Scrambler X. I will have to see if I can dig up some pictures at work tomorrow. I would like to see this 500 Scrambler X.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. I must say though that both the threads I responded to yesterday, I gave misleading information. This thread because I was not completely informed by my work place and the other because I trusted the word of someone else. Sorry to mislead anyone. I will do better next time because I am human but, this also means I may make a mistake. I hope not.

Old 10-05-2001, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Elroy,
Hope you know I was kidding about the foot in mouth remark, just giving you a hard time. I have some pics of my Scrambler X posted you can see them Here

Old 10-06-2001, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

I asked the owner at our dealership yesterday about the 500 Scrambler X. He said that yah, they made one for a very limited time and that they only got one. The only Scrambler X availible now is the 400 Scrambler X. I myself like the 2 stokes and the 4x4. My favorite color is blue also. I really like the 400 Scrambler X.

I must admit though that your 500 SCX looks pretty cool. I like the black on black color sceem. Definately a sharpe looking ride.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 03 400 trailblazer

Originally Posted by elroy
Take this advice to heart. TAKE IT BACK to the dealer. I am a service manager for a Polaris shop. I would hope that someone in your position would atleast bring it back to me so I could here it.

Seriously thou, I don't know of any knocking noise that this 400 should be making. My 300 Xpress has a knocking noise which is a little piston slap. This is normal for my engine. Your engine does not have a normal knocking noise. TAKE IT BACK!!

I have to ask, did you get the extended warranty? I never believed in those extended warranty's until I became a Service Manager. The piece of mind you get if you do have problems is well worth it.

TAKE IT BACK!! At least so the people at the dealership can here it. It wouldn't hurt to have more than one person listen to it while you are there.

I envy you. I wish my check book said I was allowed to get one of these Scrambler X's. I love the way they look. I am a big 2 stroke fan and would love to a 2 stroke hooked to this 4x4 machine.

hello i just baught a 03 400 trailblazer and it was sounded and road great when i 1st got it, it still runs awsome but it has a knocking noise by the clutch housing. its a auto. what i want to know is this a common thing, and should i be really concerned about it? it still has great power and when warm shifts into gear pretty well and smooth, reverse is a little clunk. can you tell me your thoughts on this please????
thanks
jeff

Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Click clacking noise is usually because of worn guide buttons in the front clutch. You have to have a spider tool(about $90) to replace them or just pop the clutch with a drive clutch puller and take it to a dealer. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse