Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris wins again

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went riding yesterday with a huge group of people. Got to the riding area and we all got together. There were 2 honda 450es,1 suzuki quadmaster 500, 1 polaris magnum, 1 grizzly 600, honda 300, and myself on my 2000 xplorer 400. We all started out to find who could go the most places. I went into the first mudhole and came out and all of a sudden my right front wheel almost fell off the bike and the front end dropped. I got off and looked to see that the nut that goes on the bottom of the ball joint that connects the strut and a-arm together was missing. It ripped my cv right out. So I disconnected the cv joint and used a lugnut to put on the bottom of the balljoint. I was then only 3wd the rest of the day. So we continued on and i ended up pulling everyone out or pushing them out. I never got stuck even in 3wd. After seeing those other machines with no true 4wd i wouldn't want anything else other than a polaris. The 325 magnum 4x4 ran circles around the rest of the pack. I only pulled him out once. I can say if not for the polaris true 4wd that left front wheel wouldn't have spun at all. Now all i have to do is put the cv back together with a new boot and get a new floorboard. I think i'll keep my polaris.

Old 10-15-2001, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

I bet you got some wild feedback through the handlebars when in 3(?)wd.

Old 10-16-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

So you had 'True 3 Wheel Drive'. So you got there with four and left there with three. I see.

Old 10-16-2001, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

The funny thing is that your machine broke, pretty typical for Polaris! Glad your so proud of it.

Old 10-16-2001, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

Damn, even a broken polaris outperformed all those other bikes. Doesnt surprise me.

Old 10-16-2001, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

I see you are getting the "Typical response" from the non Polaris owners.
You experience a breakdown most likely due to extreme abuse, then it not only got you home, but outperformed the other brands while doing it. All they can say is "It broke".
Its a therapy thing. They hide in the shadows and wait, usually a very long time, for a Polaris to experiance a problem. Then they jump up and say "IT BROKE", "I Knew it would".
The Polaris was doing things there quad could not, so it helps them feel a little better.
I look at it like a service we perform for the insecure shadow people.
Just tell them, It'll be all right, mabe some day you too will own a capable ATV.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2001, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rancheres, read the post again, it did not break, a nut came off. This could have just as easily happened on any quad. This is clearly NOT a case of poor quality, but possibly, an oversight during maintanence.( I aint calling anybody a poor mechanic either). I do find it rather interesting that the 325 went circles around all those bigbore hondas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have the same results in my riding circle![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2001, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't meaning to bash any brand. I've got 3 honda's and a yamaha at home also. Yes, my broken polaris could have been prevented if i would have installed a 5 cent cotter pin to prevent the nut from coming off. I thought it was funny when i was out there and everyone said "that's a typical polaris" and later i was pulling them out in 3wd. I really didn't care if I had the better machine. I just wanted to have a good time. It was the other guys on the other brands that kept wanting to start a pissing contest. I didn't say anything while i was pulling or pushing them out all day. All i kept hearing was excuses why they got stuck. Hell i get stuck all the time, that's just part of the type of riding i do. By the end of the day everyone had doubts about their machines and were now leaning towards Polaris.

Old 10-16-2001, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

Whenever My friends and I go riding together the first thing they ask me about is if I'm bring the TBoss and if I got my tow strap. Almost all of them have sport quads, but one guy has a 350 Ranchrer 4x4 and will not go riding with us anymore. Anyway, 95% of the time I take the TBoss because of the pulling and pushing other quads. Yes my quad has gotten stuck, my stupidity, between two trees in about a foot of mud and water. Everytime I get back from riding I clean my quad up and check the nuts, bolts, chain, and whatever else that can work itself loose. That way I'm not trying the fix it out in the woods. My Polaris has not gave me a bit of trouble, but neither has the 220 Bayou.(it has been sitting in back of dads garage for couple months) I want to get a sport quad but I won't be getting rid of the TBoss, the 220 will go instead.