Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Denial of Warranty! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm real sorry about your ride!

I have to tell you third party insurance or warrenty companies (what ever you want to call them) are eighty percent bull!!!!!!!!

My father in law works for ford, I faithfully bought extended warranties, and untill I actualy used one I found out no matter what make or model or vehicle you get one on, thier crap!

Iknow some poeple are going to say that thiers worked for them, and I have had some work for me. Take a real clear look at thier coverage thier so open and vague they realy can use any excuse to say just about any thing isn't covered.
I can give you many situations on how they will work and the same on how they won't work!
I sat down with my father in law and his sales manager one day and discussed third party warranties. I was pretty shook up about what they told me.
I'm not going to go in to it all but it comes down to that they are realy insurance companies that take moderate risk on insuring your bike won't braek.
It was also told to me by these poeple who pedle the extended warranty that you can watch thier companies yearly profit margin and tell if they (The salesmen) will push the warranty or not.
What I took from thier statement was, If thier having a good year thier cooperative to the policy (if you will) holders, If thier having a bad year, it's never a pretty picture.
I have no desire to fight with any one over this, it's just a conversation I had over lunch one day and drew an opinion.
I thought I would share this with you all and let you draw your own opinions.

Once again, sorry about your quad.

Old 10-31-2001, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Bill,
Sorry, no offence intended about the "SUCKS" thing. I was stating my own perception of some of your older posts. I didn't mean to make it sound as if I were quoting you. Anyway, I hope all is well with your quad, and you've been getting some good riding in. Later.

Rick

Old 10-31-2001, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

Has this insurance adjustor showed you exactly where in the contract,
the specific parts that arent covered? I would ask that question. Anymore when I buy vehicles, I buy the extended warranty from the manufacturer, whether I ever use it or not. This is more for peace of mind. That is even with me working for the company I buy the car or truck from. I think you need to get a lawyer involved to go over the contract for the warranty you signed. Maybe even going so far as to do an "Erin Brokovich" move where you investigate the company for percentages of claims paid vs. filed and so on. Maybe this guy is told to deny all claims until you start litigation against them.

Good Luck to you.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

UPDATE: Ok Since I've sent that message above Edgar from INDS (STARS PArent company that I e-mailed) Sent me a e-mail letter stating this:

Dear Mr. Turon:

I have received your email regarding your most recent claim. In order to
respond to your message I reviewed the claim, spoke with Dan, in the service
department and examined a copy of the inspection report. I would also like
to discuss the claim with you directly to gather additional information.
Please contact me at 800-942-**** ext.**** at your earliest convenience. My
office hours are from 11 AM to 8 PM, Monday through Friday, EST.

If you prefer, you can also reply to this message with a phone number where
I can contact you.

Respectfully,

Edgar *****
Customer Service Supervisor
Interstate National Dealer Services
The Omni / 333 Earle Ovington Blvd.
Suite 700

Long story short: I called him and he sent me to Exclusion H of my contract which states in their words "Damage caused by loss of oil, lubricant or coolant regardless of the cause" Which basically gets them out of anything! I called B.S on that and then referred him to the part of the contract that states they cover the oil pump and all internally lubricated parts and failure due to those parts. So after some arguing and threatening with a lawsuit he "claims" he will now cover it. I called the dealership up and told them to expect a call from him and they were amazed! So if Edgar is a man of his words or not is now up to him. He told me on the phone and I confirmed it "You are going to cover this then" (edgar) "Yes I will put though the paper work to cover this"

It pays to go over peoples heads I guess. If anyone needs anymore information or details about contacting STARS parent company drop me an e-mail.

Old 10-31-2001, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Good for you.
Give-um Hell.
Me myself......I would get the repairs done
then get my money back for the warrenty

Old 10-31-2001, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

69 muscle,
GREAT job!Hope everything works out well for you in the end.

Bill

Old 10-31-2001, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

The dealership just called me up excited and told me that they got the call to send it though! He couldn't believe it, he was telling me how once these guys make up their mind it's set in stone. He was impressed. $1995.00 (including $350.00 in labor)

He also told me he doesn't sell the STAR warranty anymore due to facts like this one. So I guess it's offical, I don't have to sue anyone! YEAH!

Old 10-31-2001, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

69 Muscle,
isnt this strange?I have PolarisStar to as my extended warrenty,and they have NEVER denied ANY claim my mechanic has ever requested.One claim was in excess of 1100 bucks for driveline componets and was inspected by the STAR warrenty mechanic and he OKed it.But my mechanic REALLY goes to work for me.No question about it,I know my extended warrenty has costed PolariStar 2500 bucks. You know what they say?

Your warrenty is only as good as your mechanic wants it to be!

Bill

Old 10-31-2001, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

I guess that's true, but my mechanic fought for my new frame on the quad when polaris told them to weld it.

Total warranty work for my 99' right now is $4200.00!!!! That's incredible!

Old 10-31-2001, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer

After reading this thread, I am rethinking my purchase of an xplorer 400. I would have already bought one, but my dealer has had a hard time getting one, which is crazy because he owns the #1 dealership in the U.S. but says Polaris screws his orders up on a regular basis. I bought a KTM 200MXC with plans to pick up the 400 around Christmas, but now I am rethinking the whole Polaris purchase. I guess it's time to research the big four quad makers. Dave.

Quick Reply: Denial of Warranty! HELP!