Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Denial of Warranty! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Extended warranties are one of those things where you have to be really careful about reading the fine print. Not all extended warranties are bad but there are definitly some programs that arn't worth the money. My dad got his moneys worth out of his EW on his chevy pick-up. Part of that was because we had a mechanic that was a good guy. I had an EW on a Ski-Doo snowmachine and even the dealership said it wasn't the best thing. The service manager/owner said he read through the info and was surprised to find that the company would only warrenty the part that failed but would not cover additional parts related to the failure. For instance if the oil injection pump failed, they would cover the pump but not the rest of the motor that seized as a result of the pump. Total BS.

Old 11-01-2001, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been wathcing this thread quietly waiting to hear your response to Rickritters questions. Something about this just does not sound right??? I would also like to see pics, and an explanation of how the tranny was damaged?

Greg

Old 11-01-2001, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got all the details of the atv. The Tranny is fine, I thought the tranny might of been damaged because when I was rifing it home that fateful day while the ATV was moving I would hear and feel grinding and clunking I assocatied with the Tranny. However it seems to of been my piston and crank turning in the engine.

DAVE- Don't get me wrong I've owned 4 new Polaris ATV's and this is the only one with a huge problem. I don't think my example is of a typical Polaris ATV owner. The Frame replacement was just a fluke i'm sure, if the factory didn't tighten down that swingarm bolt enough that would of caused it. As for the Engine, the Polaris 400 2-stroke is a fine engine, an internal part failed causing the pump to stop working. I dunno maybe this ATV was built on the friday before Christmas and all the employees got stiffed for a bonus [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

<< I have been wathcing this thread quietly waiting to hear your response to Rickritters questions. Something about this just does not sound right??? I would also like to see pics, and an explanation of how the tranny was damaged?

Greg
>>