Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How About Polaris Suck Period...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 09:02 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Polaris s dont have plastic racks(that are a joke) and the metal one Do bend back when you roll and bend them. AS for dependable mine start and the only time they strand me is when i run them dry of gas. Brad ----------96 425 magnum 4x4----------96 400 Sportsman

Old 11-21-2001, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kukerdan...Come on, help me out here. I'm happy to hear that you have had such success with your Scram. I dont even talk about how reliable my Scram has been. I have only HAD to replace 1 item on the quad that isnt a wear item and that was the lower steering bushing. I just laugh at the garbage some people want to try to talk about.

I have never felt the need to attempt and put down someone elses quad. I dont understand what this does for someone like you mmb029? If every response was in agreement of your opinion would this make you feel better or help you to sleep at night? If all of the responses are against your views does the same happen?

The only fact that can be found on posts such as these is that anyone who would be blindly brand loyal or completely eliminate any brand from possible purchase is only screwing themselves.

Or in other words......Uh he aint all that dumb

Old 11-22-2001, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

Well yesterday I went riding with a couple guy's from work. 01 Rancher electric shift, 01 300ex, 97 mojave, and a 400 sport. The Rancher has less than 20 hours on it and it is kept in a heated garage and looks brand new. The push button shifter quit working after about an hour of riding and that left him stuck in 2nd gear. He tried using the little spare shifter, boy was he mad. Deer season right around the corner and it is in the shop and they said nothing is wrong with it now. It must of fixed itself.

2000 TrailBoss: no belt slippage, no major problems, Runs great, You don't hear no complaints from me.

Old 11-22-2001, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the people who break their polaris are the people who dont know how to ride them, or a poor fellow with a lemon, which is obvious to every brand, figure out your quad , its ok to scrub it with a brush, and grease it once a week, and constantly spray LPS or WD40 on the chains, or buy a 30 chain tensionor, you can beat on a polaris easily, and have it work fine, ive tipped mien twice and its running strong (althouhg i gotta spend $20 on a brake lever) ride it hard polaris style, not honda style, or dirtbike style, understand? there are different ways of riding things

Old 11-22-2001, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with kurkerdan. A polaris quad has to be ridden different. Just like all the other quads have to be ridden different. I like all quads and am just happy to see people out riding them and not looking at them in there garage.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2001, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

I said that I would never post on one of these threads where people are bashing certain brands and others are defending them, but all I have to say is: I can't believe how well they all hold up. Look at what they go through or at least what mine goes through. I bet you could not take a jeep or any other full size "off-road" vehicle (factory equipped) and subject it to the harshness that ATVs are and not spend major bucks on repairs. We all have different rides for one reason or another. Who has driven the same make car since they turned 16? I happen to own a polaris b/c in april when I was shopping for one the sportsman was the only quad with irs, true 4wd, selectable 4wd, automatic, and at least 500cc. Now there are others and who knows what I would have ended up with if I had a choice at the time. I have 1200 miles on mine and only the speedometer sensor has gone bad. I am surprised it lasted 2 miles in the mud since it is located on the right front wheel. The fact is they are all good or none of them would be in business today.

Old 11-22-2001, 04:26 AM
Range Rover

Madmudbooger,
Its called ***** envy. Learn to deal with it.

Old 11-22-2001, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

He hooked all of you.. and is reeling you in.

Why are all of you replying to this meaningless post?
Hes OBVIOUSLY just posting that stupid as$ $hit just to get your reactions.
You reply, and he wins.

If absolutely no one replyed to his post, he would feel like an idiot.

I think ill go over to the bomb forum and say:

"DS650s SUCK, they are pieces of JUNK!!!"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2001, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

Mr350X,
Them there is fightin' words ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2001, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

325TrailBoss
I agree with the dealer as to there not being anything wrong with the electric shift. When I first got my 450ES, on the first ride I had the same problem. It is caused by shutting the bike off with the bike in gear. It happens more often if the bike is on an incline, but can still happen on level terrain. All you have to do is turn off the key, rock the bike back and forth and then turn the key back on. This should reset the ESP. The best thing to do is to always put the bike in neutral before shutting off the engine. I hope this advice helps your friend.

Quick Reply: How About Polaris Suck Period...