Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Throttle Sticking and Break in oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2000, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '99 Trailblazer and have had it for a year. My throttle keeps getting stuck on it and more so in the winter. Also when your break in oil is put in when you first purchase your atv it is a blue-green color. Well after a year even when you do put more OIL in should it be that same color?
Tell me about you Trailblazer also. I would like to have tips on maybe mods that you have and make it run a lot better and whatever tips you may have.

Old 02-05-2000, 03:34 AM
Range Rover

trailblazin

on my scrambler, the same thing has been happening with the throttle. i has been extremely cold here, subzero temps. at times. the throttle get frozen if it sits for the week, or even sometimes overnight. its either in the cable or down in the carb. most likely the carb freezing up. i haven't found a remedy yet, however if it does freezes up bad enough that you can't get it unstuck, take a hairdyer and heat the carb up real well for about 2-3 mintues. that will heat it right up. i was amazed how quick it responded to alittle bit of heat. just be careful you don't create any sparks with the dryer. (not a likely thing to happen

bigdevil/'99 scrambler 400

Old 02-05-2000, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well heres the problem it don't do it only in cold weather. It will even do it an hour or two after I have been riding.

Jaron

Old 02-05-2000, 10:23 PM
Range Rover

If you're still using Polaris synthetic 2 stroke
oil it will still be green because that is what
they put in at the factory. I've been using synthetic 2 stroke oil from Walmart that's only
$18 bucks a gallon, and it's blue.

My throttle freezes in the winter too. It was near impossible to thaw out till I sprayed some
synthetic oil in the cable. Take off the throttle
cover and remove the cable. Then seal the adjuster to the cable sheath with electrical tape,keeps the oil in the cable and not down the outside. Then spray a little at a time so it soaks into the inside of the cable. Be patient and you'll get enough in to make a difference.

Now what do you guys say we hire a lawyer and start a class action suit against Polaris for waterproof cables! I think the water gets in by capillary action, you know like water being absored by a paper towel. Now if they were using Teflon coated cables the water wouldn't bother them. That's my theory anyway, anybody know anything else about frozen cables?

Andy Z.,'98 Scrambler 400 w/RCR lowend pipe,
airbox mods, white primary clutch spring, and
purple secondary.