Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Well I think it's absolutely horrible when an adult has a quad stolen, but listen to this. My brother who is a single Dad due to divorce worked his but off to get his childrens little 50 fixed. He fixed it so they would be able to ride around the yard when they visit on weekends. It sat there all the time it was broke down and nothing happened. As soon as he got it repaired (did the work himself) the children got to ride it maybe 2
weekends and some low life stole these childrens quad right off the carport while he was at work. Can you believe that? Well it goes without
saying that the children are very upset. My poor brother doesn't know what to do he can't afford another one. Bad part is children don't
understand that Daddy has to many bills to buy another one. This makes me sick!!!!!!

BearcatLady : From New Tazewell,Tennessee Love my bearcat454"

This was posted on another site, and I thought some of you might be able to help. If everyone will pitch in, we can fix this problem, and make a few kids happy this christmas. I will have the address soon. I am going to send $20 to help out. If 100 more members will do the same, this single dad can replace what was stolen from his kids. Please help if you can. I will post the address when I get it.

Thanks,

Greg

Old 12-07-2001, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

did he ever contact his insurance company to see if they would replace it? I know if mine were stolen, my insurance company would due to my policy? If not, then i will check back, and try to help out anyway i can.

Old 12-07-2001, 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

I doubt if he had the quad insured and home owners will not cover this. Home owners will only cover items used to keep the property such as a lawn mower or tracter. This is what my insurance agent told me and I know that some policies are different.

Old 12-07-2001, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

This was posted by BearCatLady so I do not know all the facts. She did say that he could not afford another one so I assume he has no insurance. He may even be renting so that would explain the lack of homeowners insurance. Home Owners insurance in Texas covers atvs stolen from your residence... at least mine does.

I will post the rest of the facts and the address when I get more info. I am very grateful to you guys that help out.

Greg

Old 12-07-2001, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

A well known memeber of several atv forums has stepped up to handle the collections. (Lonewolf867) He posted the following at another site:

"OK Here we go.
Send a check or money order to:

ATTN: Mike Poteete
PO BOX 431
Columbus, Ga. 31902

Make Checks Payable to Mike Poteete
I am opening a new account for this and I will make sure to get either a check or a NEW fourwheeler to these folks by Christmas if we get the
money in."

Thanks again for any help. If you are sending money, please post the amount of your contribution so we can let everyone know when we have reached our goal... I guess one of those off brand 50cc bikes cost around $1699??? right? If anyone knows what these things cost, post that info also.

Greg

Old 12-07-2001, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

hi folks!
i have the adress that greg was talking about it is,

ATTN Mike Poteete
po box 431
Columbus Ga 31902
i hope we can do this for this dad for his kids. plz make your checks out to Mike Poteete.
if we can get the money up he'll get a check or a new Quad to these folks by christmas.
don levonduskie '01 325 mag 4x4 camo

Old 12-07-2001, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Do you think you could post the police report, etc about this so we can verify this and then help out.

Old 12-07-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

I will try to get one... My wife asked me if this was legit also. Bearcatlady was not asking for help... the father of the kids does not even know we are doing this. If he is anything like me, he will not want to solicit help... too proud. I will ask Bearcatlady about the police report. She may not want him to know about what we are doing. If that is the case and you cannot spare any cash without seeing the report, I completely understand.

Greg

Old 12-07-2001, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a list of contributuions so far. With the 20,000+ memebers here, I hoped there would a few of us that could spare $20 or $5 or anything to help out.

GregSims $25
COB2 $20
ATVGirl $10
ATVHUgger $20
Screamin4wheeler $20
BigDirt $10
DustyRider $25
Matman Crazy Canadian Cash (Not sure)
Rammer2 $25
TPnTX $25
Rides4Fun $20
BLHall $20
LoneWolf $20
Lurch $20
Hustler $20
Snowshark $20
BuckRider $20
BirdMan450S $20
Honda_Foreplay $20
NorthArkie650Mudder $20
TheLaw $20
DSJockey $20
Total so far $420

Old 12-07-2001, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a very horrible thing to hear that someones ATV has been stolen, I wish you good luck in finding thoughs dirty scoundrals.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Quick Reply: Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!