Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First let me say I am BearcatLady from the other forum. My name wouldn't go through the same in here so I had to reverse it. I hope this is not in poor taste,but I have seen where some of you are skeptical about what they are trying to do for my brothers kids. Let me start by saying I do not blame you I can understand completely. I to have been skammed before. However as Greg told you I did not ask for help when I posted. I was angry about the kids quad being stolen and wanted to vent my rage,thats all. That is why what they are trying to do for these kids is so special to me. Some of you mentioned insurance. Yes my brother has homeowners insurance but it will not cover the quad (he's checked with them). You also mentioned finances. Well my brother has a good job for his educational status but it is not enough. So over the years he accumulated a few old Mobile homes and repaired them himself. He tries to rent them out to help pay the bills, but that to isn't enough. Just like the rest of us he keeps getting stiffed on the rent. Then has to ask them to leave but there went his money as well. He has very high debts. For example his mortgage payment is app.1100.00 per month(when his wife walked out on him for another man she left all the bills as well) plus utilities,carpayment,insurance,childsupport(for three children) well It gets worse but I hope you get the picture. He would never have asked for your help thats why it's such a blessing. Please understand I am not asking for you pitty here just wanted to help you understand that this no scam. My brother has heartbroken children because of this.
There names and ages are:
Christopher age 15
Sarah age 12
Asa Jr.(bubba)age 8

I hope this helps you to understand.

Old 12-10-2001, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

To all you newer members... I have been here since April 2000 and Gregsims is being strait up with you. He has helped me out a lot in the past with all his informative posts and I for one will try to help out... This may be our way to give two kids and there dad a great christmas this year!

Old 12-10-2001, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

25$ is on it's way Greg...

Good luck!!

Old 12-10-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Xplor... We are still about $400 short of our goal, with the least amount of help coming from this website. I know some of you are skeptical; however, I hope a few more of you can get past that and decide to pitch in. Like I said before, even $5 will help these kids ot have a Merry Christmas.

Greg

Old 12-10-2001, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

hey greg. I was wondering if you could give us a tally to see how much we have donated, and how far there is to go to reach the required $1700.00. I have donated what i could, and am hoping to see the goal reached soon. I was wondering if anyone has located a dealership in your area, to see if they might help out if the goal falls short? If we do fall short, then what is the plan to try to reach it? just curious buddy, and good luck with this.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

I think we are right around $900 or so if everyone actually puts their check in the mail. I called the Manufacturer of Husky ATVs. They said they will sell us a 50cc machine for $1195. The manufacturer is also located just 45 minutes from the kids. Lonewolf is looking at other alternatives. Several of the people donating have commented that a 50cc is a little small for these kids and they are considering a 90cc. That part of it is up to Lonewolf and the others. I will let you knoe as things come along. Donations have really slowed down in the last 24 hours. I guess alot people do not find this effort worth while. I will double my donation if I have too along with a few others that have already donated.

Greg

Old 12-11-2001, 11:30 AM
Range Rover

To all of the ATV community lets make this happen and give these misfortunate kids a very merry Christmas. In no way do I suspect this is a scam. This drive was started by some very caring reputable ATV community members. If you are worried about being scammed, no one is asking that you send any great amount, only what you can spare and feel comfortable with. Greg keep us posted. I sent a check for $20.00 this past Saturday and as previously stated, I would be willing to send more if needed. I am also hoping we can raise more to get these kids something larger than a 50cc. I would like to thank in advance all of those who have helped or have pledged to help. It actually is better to give than to receive.

Old 12-11-2001, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

I know how it must be to have something stolen from you.
But...with something like a wheeler...there should be insurance or a chain or some kind of security so something like this will not happen.

Hate to be the Christmas Scrooge...But I could always use a free wheeler too.

Old 12-11-2001, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

SayIT_fmf,

OK... Thank you for your consideration. While I agree with you that the quad should have been chained or insured, it was not and the kids are not to blame. I took up this effort for these kids, not for the father.

But, I understand the hardships this guy has been going through. His wife left him for another man, left him with the bills, and now he is paying child support for three kids. This father spent what money he could come up with to fix up an old quad for the kids so they would want to come visit. The kids ride it two weekends, and now it is gone. If you cannot find it in your heart to help, that is certainly your choice, but please do not belittle our attempt to right the wrong that has taken place here. Every year I buy a gift or several gifts for economically disabled kids... are you saying you could use a free gift also??

Old 12-11-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Don't waste your breath on him Greg. Some people just don't get it. I read another response that were similar to his. Too bad for them, but for every person like him there are at least a few that have helped out with your cause. This is the first time I have done something like this and it feels good to help some kids out and make this x-mas memorable for them.

By the way I express-mailed the money today. Should reach you in a few days. Good luck and I hope you reach the goal! Just the look on the kids faces will be well worth the small donation all of us pitched in. God bless.

Quick Reply: Please read this and help if you can!!!!!!!!!