Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SideWinder customer service is NOT good!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On 6-15-01,I purchased the very best chain/sprockets that SideWinder had[297 bucks].John the salesman told me about how SUPERIOUR his products were in comparison to his competitors.He had me convinced.The other day,while performing routine service on my Xplorer,I noticed the new front sprocket had unusal wear on it.This sprocket has 13 teeth.Only 4 of them were any good.The other teeth appeared like someone took a grinder to them.He also claimed that I would not be adjusting his new chain nearly as much.That is not true either.

I contacted SideWinder today and talked to John.He offered to sell me another one at 24 bucks and said they dont give a warrenty on NOTHING!When I purchased these parts in June,he assured me that no one has had any problems with their products and I should expect the same.Well,I DO have a problem and I want it warrented.He would not take care of me.This is HORRIBLE customer service at best and I thought I'd pass this on to the rest of you chain driven riders.

When you buy the best,you expect better service than this.I got more time out of my original Polaris sprocket than this ''so called'' best!Think TWICE before you make a purchase from SideWinder?

Can someone recommend me another front sprocket?

Thanks,
Bill

Old 12-31-2001, 12:22 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

RK is an OK brand. I used Sidwinders on my motocross bike (CR125) and thought they were the best I have ever used.

Old 12-31-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know of anyone who builds a performance front sprocket. I think it is Sidewinder that makes a stainless steel rear sprocket. I hear these are indestructable. Like I said though, I don't think anyone builds a performance front sprocket. they say that the front sprockets don't wear as fast as the rear one or even the chain. I don't know if I agree with this concept but that is what I've heard.

Old 12-31-2001, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

I understand where you are coming from, but $24.00 for a replacement when there is no warrenty sounds like pretty good customer service to me. From the sounds of it, they just could have just said.........." sorry, can't help you."
Just my 2 cents[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2001, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Shotgun,
now what makes you think that I have ANY interest in paying one cent for a product that did not perform up to the standards that John said it would when I purchased it,warrenty or not?I have 300 miles on Johns front sprocket in about 5 months time.I'll get burned once but I'll be damn if I'll go back for seconds.The RIGHT thing to do would be to send me another front sprocket[free] and see what happens with this one,but it is very appearant that SideWinder could care less about keeping me as their customer.Rick Ritter told me NOT to spend that kind of cash for anyones chain and sprockets,I should of listened.

Bill

Old 12-31-2001, 06:34 PM
Range Rover

I hear ya.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

i personnally buy a did or rk o-ring chain about every 6 months. i replace chain and both spockets at the same time. for three years not one chain or sprocket failure. it cost me about $89 bucks a set. cheaper than what you spent and i have had zero down time. good luck. airtime

Old 01-01-2002, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

You shouldn't blame the salesman. He can only honor the manufacturers warranty if they have one and can not make up the warranty himself. He probably just works there and can't afford to pay for replacement parts out of his own pocket. It sounds fair to me if he is willing to sell you the replacement part at or near cost.

Old 01-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

a letter to SideWinder explaining your dissatisfaction with their product and a copy of the paid bill from June should get you your free part. you love to write, so all it costs is the stamp!LOL
if this doesn't work, and you charged it to your credit card, call the credit card co. and contest the charge. they will credit your account and charge it back to the vendor.

Good Luck,

put your Explorer back together, put it in your front yard with a BIG 'for sale' sign on it, and go buy the Yamaha you want and be happy! LOL

(happy new year and good luck!)

MT

Old 01-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Range Rover

mtpockets,
That is called a charge back. Chances are that MUDDY would lose a charge back dispute. The merchant has already made a good faith offer to replace the part at a discounted price. This is what is known as trying to resolve the problem in good faith and that is all the merchant is required to do to win any charge back dispute. You also need to read the credit card agreement. 99% of the time you can only initiate a charge back if the purchase was made in your home state or within a fifty mile radius of your billing address. MUDDY's real dispute here is with the manufacturer and not the merchant. Charge backs are a terrible waste of time and increase the cost of doing business in the long run, ultimately increasing costs to the consumer.

Quick Reply: SideWinder customer service is NOT good!