Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need new Tires for Scrambler.... which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002 | 11:36 PM
|
Pro Rider

I need new tires for wet trail, play drags, and some good muddin' I go on some pavement, so somethin' that won't wear down fast. I'm looking at maxxis all-traks or sur-traks, maybe some Kenda Bear claws, or Fastrekkers, or bandits. What do ya'll think?

Old 01-02-2002 | 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

6 ply XCT's.

I have had the 6 ply XC's on mine since it was 1 month old and they show little signs of wear, especially considering I run on pavement alot when tuning. I would've gotten the XCT's myself but they weren't out yet at that time, plus there are available in 22" size.

Old 01-03-2002 | 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

id go with dirt devils
i have a set of 22-11-10 on the back of my scram 400 and i love them im gettin a set for the front in a few days

Old 01-03-2002 | 01:41 AM
Trailblazer

I was looking at the Dirt Devils myself. I think they will look good on my new rims. Also they are metioned in several posts before this.

DustntheCompetition

What do you have up front? I was looking at the RAZRs.

Old 01-03-2002 | 08:04 AM
Trailblazer

Go with the XCT's, I've ran them since spring and they are the best all around tire, and no chance of a flat.

Old 01-03-2002 | 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

Forgive my ignorance but what are the XCT's? Aren't they Holeshots?

Old 01-03-2002 | 08:30 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, they're the ones where ever other tread on the outside edges is turned 45 degrees, they work so good that my friend with a 01 Scrambler 500 begged me not to sell my Scrambler with them on it so he could have them.

Old 01-03-2002 | 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Adam, get the Sur-Traks. You can thank me later [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I bought a pair of these for my Scrambler to replace worn down stockers and these things hook up better in more conditions than the stockers or any other tire I have tried. As soon as I put these on and went for a ride which was in some wet dirt/mud I was impressed. My wheels weren't spinning like crazy any more and my front end was coming up under acceleration. I got the 8 inch Douglas red label rims for extra sidewall and I havent even really dinged a rim yet and my stock rims were totally destroyed. The lugs are tall and the tires wear well, the only bad thing I would say about them is if you are into sliding turns on dry stuff you will find that these would rather bite than slide in most conditions. I'm sure that some of the other tires you listed will perform well also but I know that these worked great on my Scrambler. I think they are only 4 ply or something but they have thicker sidewalls than some 6 or 8 ply's I have seen so maybe they have thicker ply's or something.

Old 01-03-2002 | 06:33 PM
|
Pro Rider

I was kinda leaning twords Spidertraks with Douglas ultimate billet wheels. Anybpdy tried these?

Old 01-03-2002 | 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Whoa there cowboy....

Adam take a minute to think about where you are going with your quad. One post your talking about getting HPD race porting, in another a + swingarm, ect, ect. Now you want tires that are good for mudding? Decide where you want to be with the machine in a year and think about the tire choice you are making. If you like to mud, then you have to make sacrifices elsewhere, like NO HPD race motor, it's not designed for it. Choose a tire that will fit the application for your intended use, unless you have the $$ to buy 3 sets [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Need new Tires for Scrambler.... which ones?