Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Best places to live if you own a quad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Hey Stinky

the area of work I would be trying to find would be network design and security as well as system administration. I have mostly worked with Cisco equipment. If you get some free time and feel like doing a quick check that would be awesome. You can send me mail at tlrracer@hotmail.com.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

hey stinky how about a get together you could take some of us on a tour of your area i'll buy the beer or pop could be lots of fun thunderdaddy

Old 01-13-2002, 05:24 AM
Trailblazer

Thunderdaddy,
Jump on a plane & bring the Quads & crew,
Every one from the US would love it over here, no Quad laws, noise laws, 107 oct pump gas etc. I havent ridden the same trail or dune more than once in the last year. There are sooo many places to ride all close as.
Guys jump in a plane & come over, I need some riding buddies. I sick of riding with guys on Trx-300(NOT EX) farm bikes & klf 300 farm bikes.

Colorado, should get a chance to make a few calls for you tomorrow, I will mail you when I get some info...

Old 01-13-2002, 10:33 AM
Range Rover

Hi stinky!

I ve heard about NZ and that you guys still have plenty of space for riding. I just open my garage to take out my SP 500 and the police appears.

Its a mess over here in Europe

NZ seems to be a great place, what about climate? Are there skiing areas too. Other than the guy from CO , I am looking for a mountain-climate, an area with lots of space around, maybe a little ranch somewhere.

Would you recommend NZ?

So long
Martin from Austria

PS: Dont know why they complain abot Colorado. Its a great place, I ve been there a couple of times.

Old 01-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

stinky has'nt even died yet and he's already in heaven. sounds too good to be true. I'm totaly jealous. ride safe and have fun

Old 01-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

Well, what I ve seen about NZ, he is right that it is a paradise.

BTW: Wanna hear a joke from Australia?

Ok, listen:

>>>DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SPERM AND THE KIWIS? (Kiwis are the New Zealanders...)

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! MILLIONS COME IN AND ONLY ONE WORKS´..... <<<<

Sorry stinky, take it with the great humor you guys have down there. Dont want to insult you....

Old 01-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

Svalbard,

The climate is all good all the time.
Prob about coldest is 14.c and hottest about 28.c (sorry dont no temp in farenheit).
There is heaps of beaches & farms to ride close. ( I sell John Deere tractors for a living so I guess you would say Ive heaps of clients to contact to ride there farms) Perks...
The snow is a little further away from me though, (In the middle of the north Island) bout 4hrs drive from my home town.

Come over & cheak it out....

Old 01-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Range Rover

Hi Stinky!

How much is a (hobby)-ranch in the Southern-Alps down there? Remote-location prefered. And what is the avarage size of a common working ranch in NZ? My former neighbour moved to NZ approx. 6 yrs ago. Never heard anything from them...

BTW, there are a whole bunch of Germans and Austrians in NZ, what I ve heard....

Rgds from frosty Austria

Martin

Old 01-14-2002, 04:01 AM
Trailblazer

Martin,

The South Island would be alot more wide open than the North Island.
Well the average size ranch (we call farm) would be prob about 400 acres & larger size farms prob get up to about 5000+ acres.
Pricing depends on how far from city you are.
If you want remote land, you prob start off at about $7k (NZ$) per acre....(Estimate).
Prime area farm you could be looking at up to $30k (NZ$) per acre.
Which with the way the Nz dollar is going It would be cheap once you convert US$ to NZ$.
I think at the mo 42c US buys $1 NZ. I hope this helps,

Old 01-14-2002, 05:05 AM
Range Rover

....thats kinda expensive. unfortunately I am not a Yankee with lots of US$ in the pocket, I am a poor European with a weak currency.

Thought land in NZ is cheaper than in Europe. 2.5 acres are 1 hectar, right?

hej, know what? a friend of mine has a cabinetshop on the South-Island. he told mme that he wanna sell it and move to Australia. Do you know anybody who might be interested? Seems to be a beautiful landscape where he lives. he is a German...

Martin

Quick Reply: Best places to live if you own a quad.