Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Best places to live if you own a quad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Martin,

I dont know anyone wants land in the south island, Its about 9 to 10 hrs away from me.
But if I hear of anyone I will let you know....

Old 01-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Range Rover

Well it's certainly not Nashville, TN. The weather is great, but there aren't any good places here to ride at all. Not an ATV anyway. I'm beginning to regret that I bought one. Most of the good places to ride are 60+ miles from here. I guess that's not bad for some, but every-now-and-then I'd like to go for a quickie you know. Anyway, I'm even thinking about selling my quad. I guess I should have done a little more research before I bought it.

Old 01-19-2002, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

To Stinky in NZ: [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
HAHA! Just kidding. I'm jealous. 5000 acres to ride on. Man, I could stay gone for weeks. Wife would be madder'n hell.HaHaHa!!!!!!!

'02 Rancher 4x4

Old 01-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Range Rover

To RancherDave.

In Sweden, you can buy ranches with 2000 acres for approx 130000 US$.

Tons of snow in wintertime, tons of mosquitos in summertime, tons of moose for hunting, tons of Mls away from both of us, thats the problem.

Otherwise: Sweden is great and a lovely landscape, cheap land. Cars cost more than a whole farm.

Old 01-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

Rancher dave,
Tell me about it, my missus hates it when I ride there, last time it was a full day (8 hour) ride,
Let me tell you the missus had a job list for me to do when I got home.

Old 01-19-2002, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

Just for interest:

Do you guys have metric or Empire in NZ?

Old 01-19-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

It sure as heck isn't PA. To my dis-belief, the recent Republican administration acted like a bunch of whinning liberal Democrats and regulated our riding areas to next to nothing(legally). So now it is pretty much either own a bunch of land($$$$) or don't get caught anywhere else. It is sad,but true. Pennsylvania SUCKS with all of our twisted laws. From liquor control to the state game commision to the new ATV bull crap!!!

Old 01-20-2002, 02:50 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] To Stinky and Martin
Have fun and be careful out there.
To 2000Mohave
DON'T LET THE B%^&*#& GET YOU DOWN!!!!!Join the AMA,join a local or state club, sit down and start writing letters to you senator, congressman and representatives. My point is if you don't play, you can't win. I've heard of all those rules and regs in Pa. and I hope S.C. doesn't get any bright ideas like that.

Old 01-20-2002, 03:44 AM
Range Rover

Ok, guys, to stinky, rancher-dave, mojave and all the other guys rom PA and TN .....to all of you which are yelling on the environmentalists and the authorities , I am going to tell you a true and unbelievable story from Europe:

Yesterday, I found an ad in the newspaper: large new loghome for sale, 3000 Euro$ which is approx. 2500 US$, buyer must remove loghome from lot.

Ok, I thought, man, thats it and dialed the number. 2 hours later I was on the lot to watch the loghome and I was deeply impressed of it and the whole lot which is approx 12 acres. A beautiful home, approx 650 sq-feet, a large porch, grill in front, a.s.o.

It is a paradise, in the middle of a forest, surrounded by little hills..., little lakes close to the house for fish-breeding. The whole property is absolutely remote, invisible, visible maybe just by helicopter.
I asked the owner why he wants to remove the loghome (its almost new!) and he told me that he build it 5 years ago on his lot and 2 years ago, an environmentalist called the authorities and told them taht he doesent like the cabin in this beautiful nature and the loghome might disturb wildlife!!!!???

So, the battle started, they went from town court to county court and from there to state court and so on. After fighting more tahn two years, the owner lost the fight against the authorities and now he must remove the loghome from his own lot!!!!!!!

Thats a true story , guys, just to tell you how it works in Europe, well, lets say better Germany, there are some other countries which are better.

Any comments? Now, imagine what happens if one of those environmentalists catch you while riding an ATV in the forest.....

Every day, some kids become raped or even killed in Germany. If theycatch the murderers, they put them in jail for 5 or 8 years, sometimes they dont get prosecuted at all. No kidding. And every year, they let them out of prison for vacation. many of them rape the next kid during vacation or kill the kid and never come back to prison after "vacation-season" is finished.

Every prisoner gets a la carte, has got a single-room with colour-TV, and Internet access. Prisoners get all kinda education and vocational training you can imagine for free!!!! and they have all kinda sport-facilities from which our kids on the countryside would dream of.

But if you own a loghome in Germany on the family heritage-property, you have to tear it down because it might disturb some deers or birds by having sex or so. (Or the mosquitos????)

Now, you know how it works over here.

Its a mess.

Martin

Old 01-20-2002, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

Svalbard11 Martin: Our prison system is about the same here except for "vacation season". Sometimes it seems the criminal has more rights than the victim and that's a d%$# shame.

About the log home: It's not that bad here ---- yet, but don't think they ( the environmentalist) aren't trying. Don't get me wrong, I love the outdoors and nature as much as anybody. That's why I told 2000Mohave to get involved. We have a lot more rights than some other places but if we just sit back and let them be taken away, it's nobody's fault but ours. I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry, I don't usually get so long winded.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

David
member----AMA
Tread Lightly!

Quick Reply: Best places to live if you own a quad.