Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Best places to live if you own a quad.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently I have been entertaining the notion of moving to a warmer climate. One of the things that I have placed high on my list of "Must Haves" is that where ever I might go I would like to have as good or better riding places to choose from. There is an abundance of places to go here and they are all close by. Anyone live where the weather is nice and there are great places to ride?

Old 01-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Arizona. It was 78* here today, nuff said!

From downtown Phoenix, in abbout 30 minutes, I can be riding in multiple types of terain. Glamis is but 4HRS away for dunners, we are surrounded by mountains for those guys who are into that, and everything else in between.

Summers are not as bad as everyone thinks either.."It's a dry heat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]"

Old 01-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

A buddy of mine lives in Crown King Az. and they use their quads for every day transportation. The whole town uses quads to get around the area. That should be enough riding to fill your needs. Plus the climate aint that bad either.

Old 01-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Colorado! Just happened to noitce you were form Greeley. Howdy neighbor!

Old 01-09-2002, 05:57 AM
Trailblazer

Hi guys,
Well Im from New Zealand & think it is a wicked place to ride,
From my place only 15 mins to the beach & dunes,(Quite cool because this beach is classed as a public road so there is about 50 miles of beach to ride free),
Motor-x track 10 mins away, (I dont ride this though),
Step fathers farm 20 mins away & 5000 acres to ride,
Best of all we have no ATV noise laws, no spark arresters needed & have pump gas up to 108 octane.
Only bummer is not to many quad riders local, yet, & not to much knowlage on servicing & parts here.
Not at all trying to pi$$ anyone off but I thought some of you guys might like to know how we ride on the other side of the world.......

Old 01-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Range Rover

Hey Bill Yeah were neighbors. I don't come around on this board much anymore but still ride a lot. What ever happened to Chicken? We went on a couple of great rides a year or so ago and had a riot. I was sad to see the shop where you worked close down. You guys were the best around.

Old 01-09-2002, 10:27 AM
Range Rover

New Zealand is the highest place on my list to live. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I would move there in an instant if the New Zealand government would grant me a work visa. From what I am told they are very hard to come by. That's great that there are not many restrictions on atv's over there. I was supposed to go to a hillclimb over there a couple of years ago sponsored by a gold mine. I don't remember the name now. It was a big event though. They invited all the winners from the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. They paid for everything to get you there but our team owner was a stick in the mud and didn't want to go. If you have any in's in the work visa department let me know.

Old 01-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Colorado: Cob (chickenman) hangs out over at ATV Nation. I dont think he strays to far from there.

Old 01-09-2002, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

Colorado,

yea, I have heard of that race, to my knowalage it is called "Gold Rush", & it is worked in pretty close with Pikes Peak.
I think the work visa is kinda hard to get over here also, I think it depends on what field of work you are comming over here for.
I can make a few calls over here for you to check it out.
With all the help I have recieved in this forum im happy to help any member anyway I can...

Old 01-10-2002, 02:40 AM
Range Rover

Come to vegas.......about 65 today.........114 miles to Dumont dunes. About 80 miles for the Logandale trails, Gold Butte trails as well. 200 Miles to the Paiute trail in Utah, not to mention all of the riding around the Las Vegas area, such as Jean, Good Springs, Nipton, Mount Podisey, Cold Creek, Nelson, Searchlight..........I could go on and on.................Utah in the summer cause it's cool, Nevada, arizona and california in the winter..................12 months of great riding................

Quick Reply: Best places to live if you own a quad.