Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 700sp vs Kaw650

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mtpockets, the salesman to see is Justin. He sold both myself and a good friend 700's. We took their last two but they will have some more in this week. They are a hot comodity so if you want one get in there and put down a deposit. Tell Justin Rodney from MA sent you. He will take care of you. Good luck. So where do you ride. My buddie and I are looking for some people to go out with and break these machines in.

Old 01-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Northstar- congrads on your new 700! you must have great places to ride in NH? i was on NHATV.COM and there are maps you can print-off! ever been on any of those trails?
Xpedition325- http://www.westernmassatv.org/ i suggest becoming a member of an ATV club. here in MA we are losing the battle big-time against the enviro's. most of of my riding is done on private land. the club has rides in the Dalton area. Otis has great riding, IN SEASON, but i suggest riding with someone who knows the trails or you WILL get lost! you may want to contact SAM CLUB. that is the local snowmobile club in otis and they may have a trail map. try Smith's Sled Shop. they have most of the Sam stuff. Phone #413-667-5575. GOOD LUCK! BTW, what color 325 did you buy?
SilverV10- thanks for the Enfield info. we ride mostly on private land-you know how things are here in MA! LOL went for a 2 1/2hr ride weekend last with friends in Southampton, but i could not have gone there on my own because it was all private land. we have friends in Otis- great place to ride- you MUST come with us when ATV season starts! (if someone tries to ride their ATV in otis during snowmobile season, the cops WILL come, and fast! they are not nice people either. playing stupid only further pisses them off to!LOL) i will check with my friend if we can go riding in S-ton this weekend (Sat). we might try starting from Rhodes Rd. in S-ton and branch out from there.
your friend,
MT

Old 01-16-2002, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Great let me know.

Old 01-16-2002, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

Hey mtpockets thanks for the info...my xpedition325 is chestnut metallic. i bought it up in Otis at New Boston Crane and Sleds.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

Congrats on the 700. Keep an eye on your water pump cover though- they are prone to leakage but easily fixed with a liberal amount of Permatex! :-) The 650 is a nice bike too, no doubt about it. Like others have said it really comes down to preferred riding style. You know, I wonder where that LUVINMY650 dude is? A thread like this seems like it would be too much for him to stand to not come in here and beat his chest like an overgrown gorilla about how superior the 650 is to everything else.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jack3689- You are TO FUNNY!!
SilverV10-i called my friend, he has to work this weekend so we are not going. i can tell you that this spring Otis will be the place to go. there's usually 5+ of us and we want you to come to.
it's tough to find a place to ride this time of year unless it's on private land. we are going to try Rhodes Rd, in Westhampton (not Southampton as i had told you before,sorry) soon. it's a turn off Route66. i will PM you when we can all get together.
http://www.westernmassatv.org/ -i suggest you join our ATV club. Frank Rudd, our president, is one great guy and knows all the legal riding places in our area. i hope this has helped.
your friend,
MT

Old 01-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Xpedition325,
cool machine man! my friend has had one for a couple years and loves it! he keeps trying to 'convert' me from an auto to foot shift.....and i keep thinking about it!LOL
i had a foot shift honda 300 4X4 for years and i loved that bike!
this spring -let's do Otis!
MT

Old 01-16-2002, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

Sounds goo mt. My friend who bought the other 700 is ready to go too. Hope to hear from you soon.

Old 01-16-2002, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

re: trailriding in NH- Wife and I trailer them all over the place looking for new places to ride. Most of the state trails are pretty lame. We joined NHATV club and go to all the rides, they get permission for stuff that isn't usually open. Well worth $20 a year. Joining north country club, it's 3 hours north of me but 50 miles of trails. If you can get to the Rockingham Rec trail from Windham to Fremont (old railroad bed), it's a lousy ride, straight as an arrow and all dips, but you can access the powerlines at the Fremont/Sandown line and go all over the place. Powerlines are much more challenging. Mudholes here and there and a lot of steep rocky hills. NH really is all granite- be prepared to ding some rims. lots of stuff going on now in the legislature regarding ATVS. Problem is all the unsupervised kids with 2 strokes ruin it for the rest of us.

Old 01-17-2002, 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i agree. with the steep spike in ATV sales and usage we HAVE to get organized or all riding will ruined for everyone. plus, as one large organized group, we speak with one voice and will always be stronger. however, fellow ATVers that i know just don't agree with me. therefore, i sincerely feel that here in MA, we will meet our fate!
it's just to bad.
MT

Quick Reply: Polaris 700sp vs Kaw650