Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wider A-Arms & Swingarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 95 Trail Blazer. I am wanting to extend the A-Arms to a +2 on each side. I was wondering how this is going to effect the camber. The Polaris Struts don't appear to allow for any camber adjustments. How can I alter the camber on the front to adjust for the wider Arms. Will this allow me to buy the longer struts that come on the newer models?

I also want to extend the swing arm out 2". How is this going to effect the handling of the rear shock other than making it softer? If I do this can I just buy the long travel shock that comes on the Newer Models?

Who sales the best extended Arms and swingarm?

Thanks for everyones help.

Old 01-14-2002, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Nobody makes a 2 inch wider a-arm.

If you could get somebody to make you wider a-arms your camber is not adjustable unless you custom change the top strut mounts.

Some people like the exta camber, or top of the tire tilted in, for the style of riding they do.

Old 01-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Aeen performance makes the a-arms you are looking for. Part #ATA30071. They also offer extended swingarms. Give them a call 262-552-8981.

Old 01-14-2002, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

AAEN's a-arms are only about 3/4 inch wider when you install them the bottom of the tires kick out giving some added width, this is where they measure the new width at and how they come up with their number, the a-arms are not 2 inches wider.

Old 01-14-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ronnnn's right. The three inches wider that Aaen claims is the total width of the machine at the bottom of the tires, not at the A-arms. The two inch swingarm will require a little stiffer compression dampening or a stiffer new spring, but you won't have to go out and buy a longer shock. The additional length is between the lower shock mount and the bearing carrier. Don't forget a longer chain is also needed. I got both the swingarm and A-arms from Aaen.

Old 01-15-2002, 02:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Contact Hot Seat for their front wheel spacers (durablue) and their +2.5 Chromoly swingarm. While you're at it add in the +5 durablue axle they sell. Those three mods = very nice increase in stability.

Good Luck
Ken

Old 01-15-2002, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Well, My father is a fabricator/machinist and I was just going to have him make them for me. Like I said my concern was how to adjust the camber with the wider A-Arms. has anyone extended the top strut mounts to adjust the camber?
I have heard that the wheel spacers cause too much stress on the wheel bearings causing them to wear faster. Is this actually true? If there is no way to adjust the camber then I might end up going with the wheel spacers.
Thanks for the info on the swing arm. I wasn't sure where to add the length in. I thought that by extending the length I would need to have a longer shock. Now, since I keep the lower shock mount in the same place is it possible to still add the longer travel shock found on the current model sport and scramblers?

Old 01-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Speaking of longer swing arms, what are the best ones for an HPD fully Trail Modded (port, head, etc....) Scrambler 400? Do I need a 2", 3", etc...?

Who are the companies making these swing arms?

Chunky

Old 01-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Chunky5678,

Unless you want to mess with the secondary clutch, and sprockets, DO NOT get the 3" longer swingarm. If you must get a longer swingarm, confine your needs to a 2 - 2 1/2". this should be ideal for what you need.

Old 01-15-2002, 11:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hot Seat sells a +2.5 and a +5" chromoly units. Stronger and lighter than stock. As far as the added stresses of the spacers, that is a valid concern considering you arelengthening the arm of the lever. I have used them over a year now for hard woods riding, and haven't had any problems. You can also contact Mettec.com for some nice titanium wheel studs....speaking of stronger and lighter.

Ken

Quick Reply: Wider A-Arms & Swingarm