Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Polaris Sport Quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

Is it just me or have you finally seen the light? I remember a few years ago when you would defend Polaris with a vengence. Nice to see you lighten up...hehe.

I personally have never been a big Polaris fan. I prefer products that have alot of thought and engineering go into them. Polaris seriously lacks in design efficiency. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that their sport quad will outperform anything that is out on the market. Polaris is in it just for the buck, period. The only reason they sell so many quads is because of marketing, not because of an outstanding product.

Old 01-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I will be waiting in july....with open arms.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-21-2002, 10:59 PM
GAR
Trailblazer

Please remember that Polaris has stockholders to answer to, so they have to build what is selling. Sport/Utility quads were outselling Pure sport quads 100 to 1. Now with the rebirth of Sport quads it is a great time to build one. Sale's of sport quads are increasing but still nowhere near or even close to the 4x4 numbers. Why take so long? Look at Cdale. One recall after another and some design flaws even though they took alot of there quad directly from the 250R. I know About the Cdale because I own
one along with a Sportsman 500. Would I buy another Polaris? You bet! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I would rather they just come out with a scrambler that
has a better suspension and weighs in under 375lbs. Keep
the automatic and reverse and a roller clutch![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

My dream Polaris sport.
1.400ex style frame or lighter with 400 two stroke motor even atuo and maybe one with a man. trans

Old 01-22-2002, 03:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Nitroracer, and Alaskayfm......obviously you folks haven't had the honor of planting your butts on a HPD race prepped quad. Myself and a few others from another site would gladly line up and "school" you. I would gladly offer my quad to you for a test rip. And as for the belt and tranny being the limiting factors.....Why does the HPD race quad still incorporate these items, while smoking the competition?

I have had a few people personally guarantee me that the new quad will "take care" of any doubters out there, along with their quads. As I always like to say, " Let's all shutup and let the machines do the talking". I don't like to waste time with banter.

Ken

Old 01-22-2002, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

Alaska YFM,

Well, let's just say I like MY Polaris quads and leave it at that. Would I buy a new one and start over? Heck no! Of course at the time I bought mine, there were only two models worth my consideration, the Banshee and the Sport. I figured that the Banshee would be the more expensive of the two to hop up, and bought the cheaper Sport. Now with a plethora of "Sport" ATVs on the market, I wouldn't think twice before buying another brand, if I had to replace my Polaris Sport that is.

Old 01-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

polaris has had their problems in the past but their utilities are one of the best but their sports quads are a different storie. WITH THE WAY THE GIRLS ON THIS WEB SITE TALK you would sware they dont have a dick beetween their legs. maybe it will be crap or it will rock just like the utilities lets let the machine talk.

400 explorer
400 sport
250 explorer
425 magnum

Old 01-22-2002, 12:15 PM
Range Rover

explorerpolaris40097

I would like to thank you for such an informative and inspirational post. I learned so much and the benefits most certianly out-weight your harshness and crudeness.

Hopefully you'll get tossed.

Chunky

Old 01-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

modquad,

Funny how you put it "planting you butts" on a Polaris. That seems to be the only way to ride one. The machines are very wide and with floor boards it is hard to keep any type of aggressive riding position. If I was into utility machines I might consider one, but I like sport quads. I've ridden Polaris quads and I just don't like the ergos and controls, let alone the other things I have previously mentioned. If you like yours, more power to you.

About racing my Raptor... sure, I'd love to humble ya, but my quad is back in Alaska, so it would be quite a trip back to get it. I would have brought it down to Virginia except there isn't anywhere to ride it (that I know of). BTW- my Raptor is not stock... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Polaris Sport Quad